Part 25

Alyssa PoV

"Maybe we should go somewhere more private for this conversation." Christen suggested to Tobin before she started explaining.

Tobin looked around the crowded diner quickly and nodded her head in agreement. "Yeah you're right. I know where we can go." She quickly slid out of the booth and grabbed Beth, who happened to be walking by really quickly, whispering something in her ear.

"Yeah go ahead sweetheart." She agreed.

"Okay so ummm if you guys want to follow me?" She asked us hesitantly. Allie and I both agreed quickly. I slid out of the booth and felt Allie right behind me. Tobin meanwhile, held out her hand to Chris who took it and slid out of the booth, and they didn't release hands when she was out. Instead Tobin intertwined their hands and look at Christen with an uneasy smile. I saw Christen rub her thumb back and forth on Tobin's hand reassuringly and Tobin relaxed enough to start walking.

She lead us around through the kitchen and to a side passage with stair case. She headed up the stairs and we saw two doors, one was open and as we passed it looked as though it was office. She kept going until we reached the top when she pushed open the door there and we stepped out onto the roof of the building. There is a couch out here and there as well as plants everywhere. It is beautiful up here.

As I took in the scenery while following Tobin and Chris, I tried to collect my thoughts. I didn't understand what was going on, but obviously Chris has been hiding something with Tobin from us once again and that hurt. I thought that she was past hiding stuff from us, especially about Tobin but here we are once again. And as I look at her now looking at Tobin with a small smile on her face and adoration clear across her features it looks like her feelings for the girl have grown quite a bit. I would be ecstatic that my friend looks undeniably happy by just someone looking at her, but I can't help the uneasiness I feel knowing the person who is making her fell like this Tobin. She has fooled and hurt Christen time and time again and I don't want that to happen again because I don't know if Chris can handle having her heart broken again.

"Okay Tobin talk." Allie demanded out as soon as we sat down.

She was obviously impatient to hear whatever Tobin was about to say. And so was I to be honest. I need some explanation as to how Tobin managed to fool Christen once again.

"Well umm I guess I should start at the beginning." Tobin muttered out, obviously nervous. She looked quickly over at Allie and I like she couldn't really believe this was happening . She quickly dropped her gaze when she made eye contact with me, and she quickly started to talk after that.

"So umm you guys knew what my life was like right before our junior year started right?" She looked back up at us and Allie shook her head in agreement, but I was confused. I knew that something was different with Tobin then, but she never really talked to us about it. She must have sensed my confusion because she started to explain.

"So you know growing up my life has always been....hectic....my parents always keeping me busy with this or that..pushing me to the limit... and up until high school I was happy with that. I was happy with my life as long as I was making my parents happy, but as I got older I realized that I wasn't really happy with what I was doing and I didn't really agree with anything and everything my parents told me. I didn't want to be constantly busy...I didn't want to read just nonfiction books to increase my knowledge, I didn't want to practice a million different instruments, just so I can say I know how to, I didn't want to play soccer to win..... I wanted to slow my life down, I wanted to enjoy books that take me to a different world, I wanted to play music and actually enjoy the different songs I can make, I wanted to enjoy soccer, by not just trying to win but I wanted to have fun with my teammates when I played.