Part 14

"Yes? You said yes?"

"Yes I will let you take me out."

"Woohoo!" She yelled jumping up and punching the air. "Oh I am so excited. Let's go now." She said taking my hand and pulling me towards the garage.

"Wait Tobin." I chuckled when she stopped walking/dragging me along.

"What? What's wrong?"

"I can't go like this?" I motioned down towards the sweatpants and sweatshirt I chose to wear for the plane ride and car ride here.

"Why you look beautiful in anything you wear? Besides for what I have planned you can't be afraid to get messy."

"Okay if you're sure." Blushing at her beautiful comment.

"I'm sure. Let's go." She pulled me out of the kitchen and into the garage. "Now, do you think I could borrow a car?"

"Can't I just drive my car?"

"I guess I can give the directions of how to get there. I kind of wanted to drive to surprise you though." She pouted over in my direction.

"Well I don't really like surprises, but I guess you can drive." I tossed her the keys to my car. There was no way I could say no to her with that pout on her face. She caught my keys quickly and moved to my car opening the passengers door, waiting for me go get in. As soon as I got in she closed the door and sprinted around to the drivers side, obviously excited. She put the keys in the ignition and turned the car on. Taking her time looking at all the interior with a slightly uneasy face.

"You do have your license right?" Worry quickly growing seeing how unsure she was and the fact that I have never seen her in the drivers side of a car, she was always a passenger.

"Of course I do. It's just been a while since I drove anywhere. Plus it's not like I have ever driven a car like this, but don't worry I am an excellent driver." She pulled out of the garage closing it behind her and making her way down the driveway and out to the gate, where she put the code to close it. And we were off. "So where to first? We actually have a little bit of time before the place I really want to take you to is going to open."

Just as I was about to answer when my stomach answered for me. Growling louder than ever. I blushed at the embarrassment of it all.

"So food first." Tobin started to crack up. She started to drive in a certain direction looking like she knew what she was doing, my worry quickly vanishing. She started messing with the controls of the radio until she found something she was happy with. She immediately started to hum along with it and I realized I have never heard her sing. The words Allie once told me about Tobin and singing came back and I started to remember how often I have seen her with a guitar.

"Hey Tobin?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you sing?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"I used to sing and write songs practically every minute of everyday and I stopped for a while, but I just started again recently."

"Can I hear something you wrote?"

"Right now?"