Part 9

It was the day after Christmas. I was planning on sleeping in until the phone kept ringing and I had to answer it. I rolled over in bed and reached for my phone without opening my eyes answering it.

"Hello?" I mumbled out.

"Is this Christen Press?" A familiar man's voice asked.

"Yeah who is this?"

"This is Michael Scott, we have met a couple of times. I am one of the scouts for the US national team and I am happy to tell you that we would love for you to come to the next camp." I shot out of bed immediately awake.

"Are you serious?!?" I shouted. He laughed.

"Yes Miss Press I am serious. Does this mean you are accepting the invitation?"

"I mean of course I would love to go. When is it exactly?"

"Well this camp is taking place in New Jersey and it starts on the 28th so you would have to leave tomorrow. I know that is weird to have a camp during the holiday season, but there are a few days of practice and then there is a New Year's tournament that is going to happen. Is that okay with you?"

"Oh my gosh yes I would love you play for the US no matter the day."

"Well okay. " He chuckled. "Since it is a holiday, each athlete is able to bring a family member or a friend along with them. You just have to let me know who by the end of the day so I can put their name on the ticket."

"Okay thank you I will let you know by tonight."

"Okay I will let you know the rest of the details then, Bye Miss Press."

"Bye."

I decided it was probably time that I got ready for the day. Besides I was way to hyped after that call go go back to sleep. I hopped in the shower and started thinking about who I could possibly take. My father is out of the question. A friend than maybe, but who could I possibly bring? Who would even want to go? Who was even here for me right now? Alyssa, Allie, and Ali are all out of town. Alex is having her family over and is way to busy. JJ was going to be meeting her boyfriends family so she isn't an option. Kelley was planning on throwing her own party.

And this makes them sound like they didn't care about me but the truth is I didn't tell them that I was going to be alone this holiday season because I know pretty much anyone of them would drop everything and come with me, but I didn't want to do that to them. Besides than I would have to admit to them that I didn't have anyone to be with me on the holidays and that is super depressing. I don't want to have to practically beg someone to care about me, they have their own lives to live.

I finished up in the shower and threw on some layers of my comfy sweats because it was cold out there and I didn't really feel like getting ready today and headed down to the kitchen to make some breakfast. When I opened the fridge I realized I didn't have any food. Sighing out I grabbed my wallet and my keys and jumped into my car and drove off. I need to go shopping not just for groceries for at least today and tomorrow, but for presents for my friends and now some supplies for camp. We are going to do a team gift exchange when everyone gets back. Also why not go shopping, I am bored around the house and might as well spend a bunch of the money my dad thinks will make up for him not being around all the time.

Getting to the packed mall parking lot I shut off my car and practically ran inside, it was freezing outside like I thought it was going to be. I walked around aimlessly for a while until I reached a cafe and I remembered  how hungry I was. Sitting down and having a coffee and a scone, I started to think about camp again.