Part 18

Allie POV

It's been a month since I found Christen in the art studio. That night Alyssa, Ali, Kelley, and I spent that night at Christen's house. Alex wasn't invited for obvious reasons. Christen told everyone about what happened between her and Tobin and surprisingly she didn't stop there. She told us more about herself like how she is dyslexic, how her dad hasn't been here since moving here, how she was on the youth national team since forever but stopped playing soccer all together after her mom died until she came here. She even talked about how bad it was seeing her mom deteriorate, she even told us about her last relationship and how horribly it ended.

She has been through some really horrible times. We all knew how much her mom meant to her and how much her death affected her, but when Chris told us about the after math of it, it was completely heartbreaking. To hear about her last relationship and how it ended and when it ended it made us understand why she is so closed off and why it is so hard for her to open up.

And I think we were all surprised exactly how well she has kept herself together for so long, especially all by herself. But now that she told us I know she won't ever be alone again. And I think her telling us all of this had lifted so much off her shoulders.

Now Christen is almost a whole new person. Well that's exaggerating, she isn't a whole new person it just seemed like now that she wasn't hiding anything anymore, the past hasn't had the same hold on her as before. All the good things about her seemed more prominent now.

We all thought she was great at soccer before, but now she plays like she enjoys it and it has made all the difference. She's more creative, more free, and more energetic. She is playing phenomenally and we were all lucky to have her, she makes us all better. We were going to win states for sure, and maybe even win nationals. We were all being scouted at this point, but it seemed like every colleges in the country was trying to get her to go to them.

Off the pitch is where the biggest difference was. Christen seemed to have a new zest for life. Before she was by herself unless she was with someone one from the team and even then she would barely have any interaction unless someone purposely got her involved. Now she seemed to always be surrounded by people and not just the team, which she was closer to us more than ever, but from people all over the school. And it wasn't like before where she was just there, people were around her now because she simply enticing, it was like she was a sun and everyone wanted to feel her rays. 

She was full of adventurous stories from years ago with her time on the youth team, she always had a witty joke that had everyone cracking up, and she was always up to do anything and everything. People were always asking her to do stuff with them because everyone wanted to be with her. A bunch of guys and a few girls asked her out, she went out with a few of them but no one was able to keep her attention for long.

She also became some what of a partier. Of course with her new popularity she had countless offers and she never turned them down. She also is now famous for the outrageous parties she had thrown herself. At first they started out harmless, it was just the team at her house, until somehow the football team heard (I'm pretty sure it was Kel, but she would never admit it ) and showed up and then more people kept showing up and it got crazy. Since then she has thrown multiple parties that have gotten crazier and crazier.

And tonight was another one. Granted Christen didn't really chose to have this party it was more like we were at lunch earlier that day, sitting at our table, surrounded by people like normal when Christen and I were talking about what we were going to do later. When Kelley just showed up, sat on Christen's lap and grabbed her face to get her attention. Asking her first quietly if she can sleep over tonight and when Chris agreed Kelley just yelled out to everyone party at Christen's.