Part 34

Alyssa's PoV

"So what happened with her ex?" Tobin questioned.

I took a pause not really sure what the best way to explain all that happened. "Umm well, it is actually similar to you and Alex." I realized to myself, but different of course.

"Not why they ended of course, but the way they started." I corrected myself quickly before getting into the story.

"Her name is Olivia and they met when they were little, on the soccer field. The quickly became best friends. They went to the same school, played on the same competitive soccer team, their moms were good friends....they were as close as you can be with a person. But then it started to get complicated... They kissed for the first time at a sleepover, they were playing truth or dare and she dared Christen to kiss her....and yet despite Olivia initiating she refused to acknowledge what happened between them, she refused to believe that she cared about Christen more than just a friend and it was just something that happened because they were the best of friends.... Christen, on the other hand, accepted her feelings for her best friend and she fell hard for her......Olivia strung her on for years....taking her on dates, doing the girlfriend stuff like holding her hand when no one was around, kissing her,.....they were .....um they were even each other's first, after a party to celebrate Christen's first national team World Cup.....Christen thought that this was the changing point for them, she thought Olivia can't ignore the romantic feelings because friends even best friends don't sleep together... Christen believed that they were finally together, but Olivia seemed to react differently and have her own ideas...... The next day at school she introduced Christen to her boyfriend, whom she had been with for weeks......At this point Christen was crushed, not only were they not together, but she slept with a girl who was taken. She was completely and utterly heartbroken."

"That fucking Bitch.... why would she do something like that to Christen?" Tobin shouted obviously outraged.

"As bad at all that is, the years of torture of dragging Christen along, of making her believe she was loved and then not over and over again, their story doesn't end there."

"What more could she possibly do to her?"

"It took Christen weeks to get over what Olivia did to her. For the first time in practically their whole lives, they had no contact for weeks. Christen was trying to get over her feelings for Olivia hoping that if she can accept that they would never be together then she can have her best friend still."

"She forgave her for all the shit she put her through?!?!"

"Did you not forgive Alex?" I rebutted.

"That's different." She argued back.

"Why?"

"Alex and I loved each other and we never meant to hurt each other the way we did. We both just wanted whats best for each other even if that wasn't each other anymore. "

"Okay and now think of the person Christen is, is she not the most caring, compassionate forgiving person you have ever met? How many chances has she given you after only knowing you for not even a year? This was her best friend Tobin, she grew up with the girl, she has spent more time loving her than not loving her. And in Christen's head, she was the one who was throwing that away not Olivia. So Christen forgave her. She pushed her own feelings down and focussed on being Olivia's friend no matter how much that would hurt her. And eventually Christen got over her... they seemed to be okay, Olivia stopped confusing Christen and they went back to having a normal friendship..... Olivia was there when Christen found out about her mom being sick. They were there for each other, they leaned on each other, Olivia was there for Christen in the hardest time of her life and for that, I will always be thankful for."