Part 10

I made sure to pull as close as possible to the door in the garage, because I know it was going to be freezing in there too and my warm clothes were being occupied right now. I turned off my car and turned to look over at Tobin. She was still asleep and I know it was probably creepy, but I took the time to study her face. Her skin tone was a beautiful tan color even though it was December, and had freckles on her face, she had a killer jaw line, her eyelashes were so long they were resting on the skin below her eyes, she was beautiful.

Maybe it was because I have never been able to look at her this long before without getting caught, but for the first time I saw past all her beauty. She looked a lot less intimating when she was asleep, she wasn't exuding confidence like she usually is awake. Somehow she looked smaller, younger, more fragile. For the first time I saw how worn her clothes were, I saw the deep bags under her eyes, I saw scars on her face. One going right through her right eyebrow and the other on her upper lip on the left side and her nose was slightly crooked.

This only reminded me there is a lot to Tobin Heath that I don't know. I realized now that all the time we spent together before we never really got to know what really matters to each other. I never really told her about my past and she obviously never told me about hers. I think we both almost used each other to forget about the past, we were good at talking about stuff that didn't matter.

But I think the real question is am I ready to get to know that Tobin? The fragile Tobin that I am seeing now, the imperfect one? I looked at the clock on my dashboard and I realized that I have wasted way too much time, I needed to pack. I leave for camp tomorrow.

"Tobin," I whispered out. "Tobin I need you to wake up now." She still didn't wake up, instead she actually curled more into a ball and turned away from me. I got out of my car and went around the back of my car, grabbing the bags and bringing them inside. I propped the garage door open and made my way to the passengers side of my car. I opened the door carefully, I reached around her and unbuckled her seat belt, and then pulling her into my arms.

I started to carry her bridal style inside. She was still asleep, but she wrapped her arms around my neck and buried her head into the side of my neck. As carefully as possible, I brought her to my room,put her on my bed, which I luckily I didn't make this morning, took off her shoes, and tucked her in under the covers. She snuggled right into my blankets, and hugging them close to her.

I went down to the kitchen and started to prepare dinner. I pulled out the crock pot and all the ingredients I had just gotten at the store. When everything was all set up and in the crock pot like my mother used to do I headed back to my room. Tobin was still passed out on my bed, but now she was koalaing the pillow that I usually use, she looked adorable.

I quickly got to work making a list of all the stuff I needed first and then I started to gather everything. I was sitting on the floor in front of my closet, folding a shirt when I heard tussling on the bed.

Tobin was flopping around on the bed and whispering something in her sleep and then she let out a shriek, and shot up sitting up in the bed her eyes wide open. She was breathing hard and frantically looking around the room. I stood up and her eyes immediately found me and she she calmed down some.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to freak you out, you just looked to peaceful to wake up." I mumbled out.

"You didn't freak me out, I just I have nightmares." She looked down like she was ashamed of this.

"I have nightmares too, Tobin."

Her head snapped up to look at me, "really?" She questioned.

"Yeah more often than not."