Stampy and Squid

--STAMPYS POV--
I sat on the couch at home.
Unable to think of anything else but the painful truth that my friend was dead.
My best friend.

My head was planted in my hands, thoughts whizzed through my head, there was nothing else I could do but simply cry.
My thoughts were broken with a knock on the door.
I wiped the tears from my face.
"Come in." I said, I knew that the door was unlocked.
I was surprised when I saw Sqaishey walk in the door.
I stood up and faced her.
Her eyes were bloodshot and tears still flooded her face.
"Beth I-" I ran over to her and hugged her.
"What have I done?!" She cried,
"I.. I don't know.." I sighed, "I'm sorry..  I shouldn't have shouted like that I-"
"He's dead because of me.. Not you." She said, "I'm never going to forgive myself.."
I kissed her on the lips, I put my hands on her tear stained cheeks. And tried to calm her whimpering.
It was official.
I had lost my job.

I wouldn't have carried on without Squid anyway.. But..
What now?
Where do I turn to now?
Do I get another job?
What am I good at?

I kissed Beth's forehead as I hugged her, this time yesterday I never knew that she existed.. Now I feel like she's my best friend.. My girlfriend? I wasn't sure.. But Nicole.. Oh WHY am I thinking of my love life when my best friend has just been killed by a bus and I can't do anything about it! No YouTube! No fun.. No life.. But Beth must still be suicidal, even more so now: I need to help her. I need to make her feel loved.

I took a hold of her hand, I smiled at her, I walked her into my bedroom and sat her down on the bed. I looked at her in the eyes. I used my thumbs to wipe away her tears. And my wrist to wipe away the smudges on my face.
"What makes you happy?"
She was silent.
"Travelling?" I suggested.
She smiled.
"Really? Where have you always wanted to visit?"
"Paris.."

I picked up my laptop and searched on google images pictures of Paris.
She identified the Louvre, the Arc de Triumph, the Coliseum, the Notre Dame and the famous Eiffel Tower.
Our tears had stopped.
I booked two first class tickets to Paris for a week.
"Consider it our first date." I said,
"So we're a thing?"
"Course we are."

We spent the evening in my bed, fully in love, but I knew that it was forced for both of us.
We weren't happy.
It wasn't that we didn't love eachother, it was still the fact that Squid was dead.
And it was our fault.

The next day I called in to see Nicole on my own.
She hadn't changed.
She sat on the couch, her mascara had stained her cheeks and her eyeliner was only visible inches under her eyes.

"Nicole!" I ran over to her and put my hands on her shoulders.
"Nicole you haven't moved have you.."
She shook her head, a tear fell down her eye,
"Have you slept?" I asked, she shook her head again.
"You should go get a shower and freshen up."
She stood up before completely breaking down.
So many tears fell from her eyes before she put her hands in front of them.
I caught her and sat her back down on my knee, I put my hand on her face, "you're alright. You're fine."
I continued to hug her, unsure what to do. She was in so much detestation. .She needed her family.. They lived hundreds of miles away.. She needed me.
"Do you want me to stay with you for a while?" I asked.. But Paris is in two days... I can't just leave her!
She sniffed and wiped her face, "it's fine, you're right. I need to freshen up. You should go home."
I stared at her and shook my head.
I couldn't leave her.
A part of me just needed to be with her whatever happened.

I made her a cup of coffee and toast as she washed.
I made up her bed and put the tv remote on the table.

I walked into Squids office. Everyone lay desolate..
The chair spun towards the door, a glass of water half drunk with the lip marks still on the rim, a laptop open, the mic close to where his mouth would be.. And a post-it note saying in his handwriting, remember to thank stamps for uploading the podcast this week
I took the post-it note off his monitor and threw it in the bin.
He didn't need to thank me for anything.

I sat down on the chair and felt the arm rests before just breaking into tears. I turned on the monitor and an elgato audio screen was still up, I played it for a bit, it was building time. The last video we ever made together.

I went onto Google, his YouTube account was up.
I flicked through his videos.
All the things we had done together.
And all the things we never got to do..

No more Stampy, no more Squid, no more minecraft, no more minecon, no more fun, no more crying of laughter.. No more videos.. No more job.. No more Stampy and Squid..

And at that, I logged out of iBallistiSquid's channel for the very last time.