Living A Lie

Sqaisheys POV

Breaking news-  Youtuber David Spencer owns up to kidnapping his friend, also Youtuber Joseph Garrett's girlfriend but claims he does not know where she is, Bethany Bates, aged nineteen, was last seen at a house party with her friends, the evidence found was a piece of torn fabric from her dress, her blood, her phone, and the tire marks of the  kidnapper's vehicle. Jeremy Dorson reports,
"Hello, now I'm here in the hospital where a few of Joseph's friends are, Tom Spencer, David Spencer's older brother who was also Joseph's friend is here, so Tom, tell us what happened,"
"We were at Beth and Joes house warming party, it was all going very nicely until we noticed Beth had gone missing, the police came, found some evidence, after the police left Joe was in a very bad mood, which we understood, I mean all of us were in a lot of shock, like, one of our friends had been taken by whom we didn't know. David went upstairs to talk to him as he was Joseph's best friend, we don't know exactly what happened up there but David came downstairs saying that Joe had blamed him. With that Joes sister, Netty, who is right here, went to speak with him, but as you can see that ended in disaster. So we all went up, and Joe he just went straight for David and David didn't even try to defend himself from it or fight back and allowed Joe to choke him almost to death." Tom said.
"So, why did David do it?" Jeremy asked Tom,
"I really don't think he did. After all David has done for Joe and Beth, I really don't think he did."
"But he owned up."
"I don't know, I'm sorry I don't know."
The camera cut off and it started talking about something completely different.
I cried.
"Your not David. Your not! David would never do this!" I screamed,
"No. I'm not."
"Who are you?" I yelled,
"I'm always there, I used to actually be there. But not anymore, no, not after you came along."
"What is your name!"
"I'm proud of Joe, beating the shit out of David and Netty." A tear ran down my eye,
"Well I'm not! I'll dump him for this, " I said, rage built up inside me.
"Oh no you won't." The electronic speech cut off. I heard footsteps come in beside me.
Why.. This person was jealous? This person liked Joe... This person used to... Oh!
"I know who you are." I said. "Oh yes I figured it out!"

Squids POV

I sat in a prison cell, waiting for Beth to be found,
"Why did you do it?" I was asked,
"Jealousy." I lied, I wasn't jealous of him.
I sat on my bed. I was allowed a phone, but my messages were checked and sent to the head of the department to verify, before they were sent.
I didn't send any messages.
I looked at my YouTube.

I don't think he did it.
He did it because he was jealous! You twat!
Why would you do that to my two favourite youtubers!
Poor Stampy,I hate you squid.
He didn't do it! How would he have been able to?

It was difficult, it was so difficult, I know that some people believed that it wasn't me, but most of them thought it was me.
Ive been pretending for so long I'm beginning to believe it myself.

Stampys POV

David owned up. Why would he do that? I'm glad I was right. I'm glad it actually was him. I was let out of jail, I went to apologise with flowers to Netty. I walked into hospital, I was scared. I was so unsure, was she worried about me? What did they think of David after this?
I went into the cubical she was in.
"What the hell are you doing here!?" Tom yelled,
"I'm here to apologise!" I said, holding up the flowers, not what I expected!
"Keep them, your too late, he already went to prison for no reason!" Netty yelled,
"He took Beth!" I shouted back at her,
"The only reason he said he did it was because he wanted YOU to feel that YOU were right and for YOU to be happy! How the hell would he have been able to take her? You saw him having drinks with us! You saw him in the pool!" Nicole yelled,
"Shut up and leave." Finn said, glaring at me.
"I payed for your flights over here!" I yelled,
"And you also payed for my flights home." He said, "get a life, and stop blaming the bad things on your friends, you took this one far too far."
I stared at my 'friends' in sadness. Dropped the flowers and went home.

David is the one who took her. David is the one who took her away from me. My friends can say whatever they want but that can't effect me. It never will. Now let's make a YouTube video, minecraft, hunger games with my fr... Let's just make a lovely world then shall we.

Squids POV

I miss my home. I miss my dogs. I miss my cats. I miss the gentle arms of Nicole, and lying by the t.v with the fire lit and a cup of hot coffee.
But that's never going to happen here.
In this prison.
I saw people there, I didn't speak. I wrote a diary in a notepad I bought from the little 'tuck shop', I wrote down what happened every day and every night.
Mostly the same thing.

I watched as the days went on and the weeks went on. Joe started putting YouTube videos back up. So did the rest of them.
They forgot about me.
They moved on.
But what about Beth?
Somehow I felt like I was the only one in the world that cared .Somehow I felt like I cared about her more than Joe did.
I never got a visit from my family or my friends, maybe they thought I actually did do it.
Maybe I did do it.