Falling

Squid's POV

I was panicking.
My jaw was shaking uncontrollably.
My mouth's entire capacity was filled with blood.
I wasn't in the car anymore.
I was lying in some sort of make-shift bed being moved.
I felt so drunk. I felt worse than that. I was so confused. The pain was unbearable.
"David. David, do you know where you are?" Asked a lady I didn't know.
I shook my head, but yelled with pain.
"I think his neck is broken." Murmured someone.
I just breathed in and out, tears streaming down my painful eyes. This is it.. this is it, this is it..
Albeit I was lost, I also felt as if this was my chance, my chance for reconciliation... I remembered what was going on.. I remembered..
I'm dreaming... she left me.. Nicole left me... why? Why.. why... Joe.. Stampy. What did he do? What was it..? Oh yes.. he killed Lee. He shot him..
"Stamps..." I whispered, my eyes closing with fatigue.
"Who?" Asked the same lady, whom I assumed was a paramedic.
"Joe.. J-Joe.." I muttered, spitting out blood, I felt the loose teeth inside my mouth cracking, some had fallen onto the base of my tongue, blocking my throat.
They took my smashed phone out of my pocket and found his number, dialling it immediately.
"T-tell him I'm s-s-s sorry... p-please." I begged, the tears cascading from my wide and ageing eyes. This was the end. This was it. I'm gonna die.. I'm gonna die.. I'm gonna die..
"Dave? What's going on? What happened?!" Called Stampy's hoarse and panicked voice from the phone.
My last words to him... I just knew that this was the end, that whatever I wanted to tell him I had to tell him now.
"G-goodbye.." I croaked as a few tears melted my eyes. "T-thank you so much."

I couldn't face the pain anymore, so I simply closed my heavy eyelids and let myself seep slowly into nothingness.

Stampy's POV

I was making breakfast for Sqaishey and I when I suddenly visualised Squid's smashed up car in the ditch. I pushed myself back against the kitchen wall, making a cup fall from the shelf and shatter as I remembered the blood on the smashed windscreen, the crumpled bonnet of the car and the burst airbags. One of the tires had caught fire and was situated at the other side of the road from the remainder of the car.
"Joe?" Interjected Beth, walking into the kitchen with a long grey shirt messily tucked into a pair of shorts.
My eyes gradually shrivelled up to meet hers before I shook myself out of it.
It was just a dream.
"Sorry.." I laughed falsely, bending down onto my hands and knees to pick up the glass but cutting myself on the sharp, see-through shards.
"You okay?" She asked me,
"Yeah, of course I am." I told her, concealing the blood that was spewing from my hand and offering her a smile.
"I'm gonna get changed... if that's okay?" She asked,
"Course it's okay." I replied feeling myself shiver as she left the room. I knew that she wasn't totally well. Her mental health had been crazy this last year, she certainly wasn't the same girl that I fell in love with four years ago, but I was the one that proposed to her to at least try and make her happier. The wedding was tomorrow, I couldn't pull out now.

After brushing the remainder of the glass into the bin I ran my hand under the tap.
The cool water shocked me initially, I shrivelled back in the pain and watched my blood turn the water pink.
I couldn't stop thinking of the dream.
I almost wanted to go back to sleep just to satisfy my anxiety that I was in the wrong reality.

As I stood by the sink I felt arms around me, making me flinch in surprise before I felt the gentle purse of Sqaishey's lips on my cheek as her arms wrapped around my waist.
I briefly kissed her back, mustering a smile as my tired eyes met hers.
"What d'ya wanna do today?" She asked me; I looked down at her outfit; a grey and white horizontally striped off-the-shoulder jumper under a black dungaree skirt with a pair of tights. She obviously had the intentions of going out.
Ultimately, I wanted to do nothing more than go back to sleep again, I was so utterly drawn by my dreams. But this woman was the love of my life, henceforth I persevered, suggesting a walk by the sea.

Although I wasn't morose, I was generally on-edge for the duration of the twenty minute drive to our 'favourite location'. This location, visually, was very similar to the entrance to the beach directly beside our house, but, evidently, this was the place where I proposed to Sqaishey those months ago, and so to her it seemed only right that we should wander here.
To my fortune, it was sunny, and we had in preparation brought towels anticipating that the weather cleared.
We laid them down lightly on the shell-filled sand, gently sealing down the bottom corners from blowing in the wind with our shoeless feet before retiring to rest on them.
It wasn't a particularly warm day- I just wanted to sleep. I watched Sqaishey remove the buckles of her dungarees revealing a porcelain white shoulder. She faced me with eyes packed full of desire, a feeling I had had for her for so long, but I simply couldn't muster the energy to return the gaze to her as my eyes gradually limited in perspective and unconsciousness swarmed around me.