Last

Stampy's POV

I was in my car, after receiving a call from the hospital telling me that Squid had been seriously hurt in a car accident.
I couldn't drive because of my leg, so Sqaishey was taking the wheel.
It seemed like everything was slowing us down, we were caught in every red light, behind every learner driver. My jaw was shaking, and my heart was racing.
"Beth- Beth what if he dies?" I breathed, "w-what the hell am I gonna do?"
Sqaishey said nothing in response, she simply pushed the car into 5th gear and charged as fast as her underpowered fiat 500 could drive, briefly sliding her hand into mine, caressing my palms with her thumb.

We saw the ambulance ahead in the road, the sirens were on, it was travelling at speed, I don't know how- but I knew it was David.
"Follow it." I beckoned Beth, not able to contain my savviness.
"Joe.." Beth began, her eyes glistening; it was as if our roles were switching, she was calming me down now.
I regarded her tense countenance, exhaling slowly.
"Joe- w-whatever happens.. I- I don't want to bring your hopes up or down- we're in this together. And we will get through this." She promised me.
I felt myself blacking out, and there was nothing I could do to stop it, I was leaving the dream.. I was waking up.

***

I woke up quite suddenly on the beach with Beth lying beside me. Back in the real world.
I still felt tense, I wanted nothing more than to be back in that dream- is Squid going to survive? I need so see him!
Sqaishey was awake, and she looked into my tired and anxious retinas. "Are you okay?" She breathed, brushing my hair back slightly.
I nodded at her, "Course I am." I whispered to her, looking out at the cloudy sky.
"You're gonna say 'I Do' tomorrow, aren't you?" She asked, making me raise an eyebrow in shock and confusion.
"Of course I am!" I laughed, my mind swirling with so many different things. Is Squid dead...?
"You seemed so lost this morning- I was just scared you were having second thoughts." Admitted Sqaishey, sitting up and gently placing one of her hands on my cheek.
I felt absolutely nauseated, I wanted to disappear, I wanted to go back to sleep, I wanted to see Squid. I needed to see Squid.
Instead I sat on the cold sand which itched my skin, kissing the love of my life the day before my wedding day, and not even feeling a slight hint of emotion apart from fear.

Squid's POV

I slid down the wall onto the cold stone floor, my eyes red and wide with passion and fear. I was gasping for air, tears were charging down my bursting white cheeks. An abundance of fears overwhelmed me, I couldn't keep going. I was done.
I missed my friends, I missed my girlfriend, I missed my family.. my pets..  and my dreams, they were almost symbol of how I was feeling.. hanging on by a thread, about to die, ready to die, with little motivation to keep going.
As I sat, shivering and sobbing in the corner I heard my phone vibrate briefly on the table.
I bit my lip, nearly ready to scream. I crawled over to the table, trying to locate my phone amongst the empty beer bottles.
My heart skipped a beat when I read the text message I'd been sent.
It was from Joe;
Hey- how are you?

I dropped my phone in disgust and stood up, my eyes stinging from the tears.
"Hey?!" I impersonated in a mere yell, kicking the table, watching all the glasses topple and shatter onto the floor.
"Is that all you've got to say to me?! Hey?! After all this?! just hey?!"
My screams just echoed throughout the house. I never replied to him. He was just asking me out of the goodness of his heart, he didn't really care about me- why would he? I wouldn't if I were him. I'm a mess. A cripple. An echo of the man I used to be.

To my surprise my phone started ringing. I sighed, my eyes leaking with more tears, seeing Stampy's number flash on the phone screen, with the image of both of us on stage at minecon 2016.
I shook my head, looking at who I used to be.
And with complete reluctance, I answered it.
"Hi- mate.." Joe began, with a shaky voice.
I laughed out loud, silently echoing the word 'mate'.
"You okay?" Joe asked, I could tell he was trying to be quiet.
"Okay?!" I echoed, "Yeah- Yeah I'm amazing! Fucking amazing."
Joe hesitated and breathed in and out a couple times,
"Really?" He asked, unconvinced.
I shook my head, taking the question as rhetorical,
"How are you- how's your wife? How's life as a married man, must be fun. Kids and stuff.. Jesus." I soliloquised.
"The wedding's tomorrow." Stampy asked with an undertone of guilt, "have you been drinking?"
"What else do you expect a depressed, single, lonely 26 year old to do?" I muttered, my eyes closing as I sat with my back against the wall, "Look I have to go."
"No you don't- don't hang up." Exclaimed Joe.
"Listen mate," I sighed, "it's the night before your wedding; forget about me. Have a great night, and tomorrow'll be amazing for you. Have a fantastic life w-with Sqaishey, a-and don't let anything happen to her. Don't look back, mate. Have fun- Yeah- have fun, mate.."
I immediately blacked out after that, back into the scene of the ambulance, my eyes looking blurred at the world. The blood spilling from my mouth and nose, and my hand being held by someone I didn't know.
I was lost.
I was so lost.
And I knew that nobody would ever find me again.