One Year Later~Realisation

Squids POV

Over a year has past.
Beth hasn't been found yet, I was beginning to forget what she looked like. She was quite tall, long hair, she had a blonde streak. I remember that much.
I got used to sitting in prison, a guy called Paul who was probably my only friend here just left, so I'm alone again.
It's boring, and heart breaking. I haven't talked to Nicole since.. Then.  She has probably moved on, she'll find someone better and stronger than me.

Stampys POV

I lay in bed, I had just finished editing a video. I thought about things, I thought about what happened over a year ago, I thought about the house warming party. I thought about David.
David was there the whole time, he didn't go out of my sight. I remember. David was my best friend. David was the one who collected Beth and I from hospital at least twice. David was the one that I shared a funny series with. David was the one who persuaded me to phone Beth again in Scotland. David was the one who helped me during a livestream. David was the one who we vlogged with and had loads of fun together. David was the one who took care of me when I needed it. David... He couldn't be the one. He couldn't be the one who kidnapped Beth.
He obviously wasn't in the car with her. So who was driving? Beth? He also had no idea where she was.
I turned on the news,
Breaking news- forensic scientists have examined the finger prints of Beth's murderer, and confirmed that they are not the same as David Spencer's. They have also confirmed that the tyre marks are not those from any of Davids cars. In fact, they are certain David Spencer is nothing to do with Beth's disappearance.

I turned the t.v off.
"Oh my god what have I done?!" I texted David,
I'm so sorry, I'm so so sorry!
I bought myself a car, it was a Range Rover Avoc, it was rather easy to drive and it was good for going up the hill.
I drove as fast as I possibly could to the place where David was, I took a deep breath. And asked to release David Spencer.
"Sorry sir. David Spencer is here permanently, he kidnapped-"
"No he did not he was wrongly accused!" I said, "look at the news!"
"I'll talk to the manager." The receptionist said,
"Thank you."
I waited for about five minutes before five police men came out in uniform.
Will he forgive me? How awkward will this be.. Are we still friends? Will there be another fight?
"David Spencer is to be taken from jail immediately," one of them said.
I followed them to a door, which they knocked, my nerves swirled in my stomach. I felt physically sick.
"Come in." I heard a familiar voice.
They opened the doors,
"Has she been found? Please say she's been found!" He knelt on the ground,
"No," one said, "but you are being released."
I stepped forwards into the cell. David looked at me,
"Why?" He said,
"I was wrong, you didn't do it." I said.
At once he stood up and stared at me.
"I'm sorry." He whispered.
"No. I am."
He smiled.
We walked out of the police station, I showed him my Range Rover,
"I'm proud! I'm very proud!" He said, hopping into the passenger seat.
"Do you mind if I stop somewhere, I, I think I need to get something." David said,
I pulled over at the shopping centre, he went somewhere to buy something and I took this chance to go to the bank.
I transferred half a million pounds into all my friends accounts, then I transferred two million into Davids account. I hoped this was an okay apology. I hoped they'd receive it.
I hadn't kept in contact with my friends over the past year, I know I should have, at least Netty.
But I stayed alone in my house, making boring videos, less and less people watched me now. Hopefully my friends will like me again soon.

David came back to the car with two bunches of flowers and three bottles of champagne.
"This is for you stamps." He handed me a bottle of champagne and a bouquet of flowers.
"What?! Why?!" I yelled, "seriously?! Why?!"
"For bringing me home and for buying a car!"
"Seriously I can't. I really don't deserve it, it would be extremely wrong to take I-"
"Shut up, take them." I sighed and put them in the back seat.
"David I'm so sorry." I said. Feeling my nose tense.
He just stared at me and sighed, "yeh.."
I knew that he couldn't just forgive me after this. I don't think that I could ever forgive myself for what I did to him.

I dropped David home at his own house. I saw him running his fingers through his hair, sweat ran down his face,
"I don't think I can do this, after a year not speaking to her."
"You can." I patted his shoulder, he held the flowers and wine, and I stayed until he was allowed in.

Squids POV

I knocked the door and waited. Holding back my tears.
The door slowly opened. I stood back, my stomach was whirling I felt so sick.
Nicoles face appeared,
"D-David?" She whispered,
"I-" I let go of a tear.
She ran towards me and hugged me, she kissed me on the lips and started crying.
"I thought I'd never see you again." She whimpered,
"Come on," I handed her flowers and champagne, "let's make it a night."
I sat down in a familiar place called... Home.
"What are you going to say to your channel?" Nicole asked,
"To hell with it. They'll find out who did it, I hope."
I switched on the news.

David Spencer has been released from prison as he was falsely accused for kidnapping Bethany Bates, forensic scientists believe they have found who may have taken Beth. Drake Olrey reports,
"What a tragic thing to have happened, and for David to spend over a year because of it, David was taken out of prison today with special request from the partner of Bethany as he, himself had realised that there was no way it could have been David. David is now believed to be home and shall no longer be watched by the police. Meanwhile the forensic scientists have been researching and may have found the culprit."

I kept watching,
"Joe took you out?" Nicole asked,
"He did." I said, smiling. "We're friends."
"Last time I saw you two together you weren't." Nicole sighed,
"The past is in the past, we are moving on."
I got lots of messages,

Ur out? Did Joe let u out? - Amy

It's about time my friend! He's a bit late! - Finn

Has he changed back? -Tom

Stampys POV

As soon as I got home, my phone rang. I quickly answered it.
"Hello is this Joseph Garret?"
"Speaking." I replied,
"Hello, we are working in the forensic science department, and.. And we think we know who did it." I gulped,
"Joseph, are you familiar with the name Melanie Candy?"
My girlfriend.. My ex girlfriend....