Chapter 7

*One week later*

Demi's POV

it's been a week since Jenna came home with me and it's been fun. But she gets kind of fussy sometimes. But what do you expect? She's six years old. It happens. Today my family's
Coming over to meet her. She's only met Marissa, and she was really shy Infront of her. But the next day she kind of got used to her.

I'm making waffles right now when I feel a tug on my leg. I look down and see my baby girl smiling with her cute little bed head. "Hi baby how'd you sleep?"
She yawns and says "I had a nightmare again"
I finish the waffles and place them on the table before picked her up and sitting her on the table so she's at my height.
"Can you tell mommy what happened in the dream?"
She shook her head and looked down
"I'm not supposed to tell anyone, it's a secret." She whispers
"But you can tell me anything, I won't tell anyone."
I can tell she's thinking about it. This past week I've learned alot about her and I feel like I've known her my whole life.
She starts to tear up
"Oh baby don't cry it's okay. If you tell me then maybe I can fix it." I say trying to convince her.
She shakes her head. I sigh and say "Alright I'm not gunna make you tell me. But maybe another time when you feel Better you can?"
She smiles and nods slowly. I smile and kiss her forehead before I squeeze her sides and she starts laughing that cute, adorable laugh. I put her down on a chair give her one waffle to eat with a glass of milk. She still is really fussy with eating.

"Okay Jenna you only have to eat this one waffle because we're gunna have a family lunch with the rest of the family today"
She looks up with a nervous face. But starts to eat while I cut it up for her.
She's half way done and puts her fork down and says "Im all done mommy"
She jumps off the chair and tries to make a run for it up to her play room. I caught her before she could make it up the stairs and walk her back to the table.
"Come on baby what have I told you?"
She sighs, rolls her eyes and says "I need to eat so I can grow up healthy and be a big girl."
"Exactly! So come on you need to finish everything that's on your plate." She rolls her eyes again and takes a bite.
"Hey missy do not roll your eyes at me. You're 6 years old I'm not ready for attitude yet."
"Sowwwy mommy"
"It's okay. Now finish your breakfast."

As she eats I have my laptop out, typing away hundreds of e-mails. I've been working from home because I don't want to leave Jenna yet. She needs to get more comfortable with everyone before I leave her for a day.

I look up after 5 minutes and she's not here but everything on her plate is gone. I put her plate in the sink and go by the bottom of the stairs "Jenna!!! Come by the stairs please!"

I can hear her little feet running towards the stairs but before I can see her I shout "Stop running you're gunna get hurt!" Then I hear them slow down. She gets by the stairs and I say "Go get your clothes off please and wait for me in the bathroom. You gotta get a bath before everyone comes okay?"
She nods her head and runs away.
"Jenna Marie stop running!"
I walk over to the kitchen and wash the dishes quickly before running upstairs into the bathroom. She's sitting naked inside of the empty bathtub. I laugh and say "Baby you gotta turn the water on"
She just shrugs her shoulders and I give her a quick bath before changing her into a cute purple jumpsuit with a pink headband.

Jenna's POV

Me and mommy were watching tv when someone rang the door bell. I jumped off the couch and ran towards the door waiting for mommy. I wonder who it is? Mommy smiles at me and opens the door. Some lady smiles at me before quickly picking me up and kissing my cheek. It scared me. I gave mommy a scared look and she took me from the lady. I put my head down in her neck, wrapping myself around her.

"Hey Jenna it's okay. This is your grandma, can you say hello?" She kind of pushes my head up making me look at her.
I say "...hi" hardly audible.
Mommy giggles and puts me back on the floor. Two other girls walked in and then a really big guy walked in. I hid behind mummy's leg and held onto her. One of the girls kneeled down by me and said
"Hi Jenna, it's really nice to meet you. My name is Dallas. I'm your aunt, your Mommys sister. You're really beautiful" she smiles and stands up. Mommy looked down and said "Baby what do you say...?"
I look up at Dallas and say "thank you. I think you're pretty"
She laughs and says "Yea but definitely not as pretty as you"
I giggle as she taps my nose.

The other girl looks younger. Maybe she will play with me. She said her name was Madison but I can call her Maddie.

Then the big man came by me. I hugged Mommys leg again. I don't really like boys. They scare me. Mommy picks me up and says "Jenna I promise he won't hurt you. He's your grandpa. He's really nice. He's like a big teddy bear!" They big man laugh when mommy said that.
"Hey Jenna you can call me grandpa. And your mom's right. Ill never hurt you princess."
I smile and nod my head. Mommy puts me down and says "Why don't you go show Maddie your play room baby"
I nod and grab Maddie's hand before pulling her upstairs.