Chapter 38

Jessica's POV

7:30am

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I untangle myself from Demi's warm body and search for my alarm clock with my eyes still closed. I hit something hard and the beeping stopped so I guess that was it. I lay my head back down in the crook of Demi's warm neck. She gives me back tickles and says "Come on get uppp".

I groan and refuse to move. I'm so nervous but excited for today. Everyone keeps telling me 'You'll be fine' and 'don't worry you have like a 90% chance of custody!' But what about that other 10%? You never know what could happen. So I guess I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

"Stop stressing babe, it's only gunna make it worse" Demi whispers in my ear.

"How do you know I'm stressing?" I ask curiously.

She smiles and says "You're like your sister. Anytime you're stressed or sad or nervous, you go silent."

"Sorry..."

"Hey don't be sorry. That's your way of coping. Mine is music. Yours is silence. There's nothing wrong with it"

I smile and nod before rolling out of bed.

I go into Nikki's new room and open the blinds. She groans and hides her face under the blankets. I pull them back and say "come on you have an hour before we leave so get up!"

After that I go back into Demi's room....well my room I guess? It's still kinda weird to say that but whatever. I go into the bathroom and Demi's washing her face. I wait for her to leave so I can get out of my clothes and go into the shower but she doesn't leave.

I say "Dem, can you leave please? I need to shower"

"Why can't I stay here?" She says while batting her eyelashes.

"Because I'm not ready for that yet okay?" I snap at her. Her eyes widen and I sigh "Im sorry I didn't mean to snap at you. I'm just nervous and a little jumpy. Sorry"

She comes up to me and just gives me a big hug. I smile as she lets go and kisses my forehead and walks out. I say "Demi wait"

She pokes her head back in "yea?"

"I love you"

She smiles and says "I love you more"

I laugh and roll my eyes before changing and getting into the shower after she closes the door.

An hour later everybody's up and dressed and it's time to go. Demi insists on coming with us, which I secretly love. Bella and Jenna's teacher is here so Marissa is staying to make sure everything's okay. Bella hugs me and says "good luck". I smile and give her a kiss on the cheek and say "Thank you".

With that, Demi, Nikki, and I head off to the court house.

We're on your way inside. We're outside the doors. I'm shaking in my shoes right now. I look down at Nikki and she's pale. I kneel down to her level and say "Alright kiddo, we both need to be strong right now. This shouldn't take more than a half an hour. And as soon as we're done everything will be fine. Because you'll be with me, and I love you. Okay?"

She nods and wraps her arms around my neck squeezing the life out of me. I laugh and say "Hey if you wanna live with me I gotta breathe". She giggles and lets go. I stand up and take a deep breath.

Demi turns me around and says "No matter what happens in there, I promise you it'll work out for the best. And ill be right here waiting for you. I love you."

I smile and kiss her with so much love and so much passion more than I ever have in my entire life. I pull away and say "I don't know why it took me so long to find you, but thank god I did."