Chapter 26

Demi's POV

The girls teacher just left and they're watching some cartoon show. It's 5 o'clock and I need to start getting ready. I stand up and say "okay we're gonna go out to dinner tonight". Bella says "why?"

"Because Jessica wants to go get dinner with us!" I say cheerfully. Bella rolls her eyes and says "so we have to be like the third wheels on this date?"

"No, it's a family dinner with a friend."

Jenna says "I don't like her".

"What? Since when? You were just playing dress up with her yesterday"

"She doesn't wanna be my friend"

"Oh princess yes she does. She told me yesterday!"

"Really!?" She gets excited. I laugh, "yes baby she really does, I promise"

"Okay then ill go"

"Alright you guys can watch tv for a little more and I'm gunna go get ready"

"Kay" they both say.

Bella's POV

I don't know how I feel about this. I mean, yea I want my mom to be happy and have someone to love and stuff. But I don't know if Jess is that person. I don't mind that she's a girl but I don't know....? I just get a weird vibe from her. I turn to Jenna, "so how do you really feel about Jess? Tell the truth"

She makes a cute thinking face and says "I don't want momma to forget about me. And she keeps doing that. She was kissing Jessica instead of tucking me in and snuggling with me"

I nod and say "so you don't like Jess?"

She shakes her head and says "nah uh"

I start thinking. When I was in one of the care homes few years ago, me and this one girl my Age used to prank everyone. Ill try to think of something for tonight....

An hour goes by and Demi comes downstairs in a blue dress that's tight around her waist flows out on the bottom and black high heels with red bottoms. Her hair is straight and kinda long. It's blonde right now. I like it blonde. She comes over and says "so how do I look?"

Jenna says "mommy you like pretty!"

Demi smiles and says "thank you princess! Now you guys gotta get dressed"

I groan and say "I really don't wanna go"

"Well too bad, I'm not leaving you home alone so please cooperate for one night"

I roll my eyes and go upstairs.

I put on a pair of leggings and a big sweater with an infinity scarf and uggs. I'm not getting dressed up for this I'm too lazy.

I go back downstairs and Jenna's sitting on the couch in a little dress. Demi sees me and says "you couldn't have dresses a little nicer??"

"No? I don't wanna go"

She sighs and says "please be nice. Jess helped you alot with that soccer stuff, and she's really nice"

"Whatever"

"Bella I'm serious, and remember tonight...if you get mad I want you to tell me, or try to control it okay?"

"Yup".

It's 7 and the doorbell rings. Jenna runs to the door and waits for Demi to answer it. I'm sitting on the couch reading through twitter. I hear demi say hi to her and she says "Bella come on". I stand up and walk to the door. Jess says "Hi Bella, I like your outfit"