Chapter 31

Jessica's POV

After Demi left I went upstairs to check on Jenna and Bella. They were hanging out in Bella's room watching tv. I say "Hi girls"

They say "hi" together. Bella says "where's Nicole?"

"She's not in a great mood right now. She's in the theater room though"

She nods and says "okay ill just leave her alone then"

"You can go down there if ya want, she just might not talk"

She shrugs her shoulders and goes downstairs. I say "What do you wanna do Jenna?"

She says "dress up!"

I roll my eyes "but we play dress up all the time"

She stomps her foot and says "I wanna play dress up!"

"Hey don't stomp your foot at me. Ask nicely and we'll play"

"Can we please play dress up?"

I giggle and pick her up, walking into her play room.

After two hours of watching movies and playing dress up, I make us a snack. Jenna and I are sitting in the kitchen eating grapes. Bella comes up and says "can I have some?"

"Yup, here. Wanna take some downstairs?"

She says "No I'm staying up here. Nicole won't talk to me"

I check the time and it's 2:15. Demi better be back soon. I decide to go check on Nikki. "Are you two okay up here? I'm just gonna check on Nicole". They nod so I run downstairs. She's laying on the floor watching camp rock. I giggle and lay down next to her. I say "camp rock? Really?"

She shrugs and stares at the screen. I sigh and say "Nikki please talk to me"

She shakes her head and I say "why not? I understand why you're upset, and you have the right to be. But you can't just go mute everytime something bad happens. Holding everything in isn't good."

"Please just leave me alone" she says in a whisper and her voice cracks.

"Nikki please don't cry, I love you. And I'm sorry this is happening. But it'll be okay, I promise"

She sniffles and nods her head. I look at my phone and it's 2:30. I sigh and say "Okay I gotta go to work. Im gonna go check if Demi's here yet, but please don't go mute the whole night with them. I'll be back late, I'm doing more hours so if you wanna just fall asleep that's fine okay?"

A tear runs down her cheek and she just nods. I kiss her head and whisper "I love you sooo much".

With that I stand up and wipe my cheek from the few tears falling. I just hate seeing my baby sister like this. It's not fair. I turn around to walk back upstairs and see Demi leaning on the door. I sigh and walk towards her. We walk upstairs together and I say "how much of that did you hear?"

"All of it, and don't worry. I promise she'll be okay"

I nod and say "text me if anything happens please"

"Jess everything's okay, alright? She needs a little time and she needs to get these tears out. You go to work and don't worry about what's going on here, ill take care of her"

"I love you" I spit out quickly. I can't believe I just said that. But I mean...it's true. I really do. She smiles widely and kisses me. I hold her waist close to mine and pull away. She says "I love you too"

I smile and let go of her. She says "now get to work!" And slaps my behind. I smile and say "okay thank you, bye" she pecks my lips and closes the door.

Demi's POV

Once Jess leaves I go back into the living room and see Bella and Jenna watching tv. I say "Were you guys good for Jess?" They nod an keep their eyes on the tv. Bella says "Nicole won't talk to me"

I say "Just let her be alone for the night okay?"

She nods. I get up and go into the kitchen to get some water. I hear some quiet crying from the theater. I put my glass down and go into the theater. Nicole's sitting on the floor, leaning back against the couch.

I sit down next to her and say "Mind if I join you?"

She picks her head up and looks at me. With tears in her eyes and down her cheeks. I sigh and say "Oh Nicole come here"

I open my arms and pull her into a hug. She lays her head on my chest and continues to cry. I say "Let it all out"

After 10 minutes she picks her head up and wipes the tears under her eyes. I say "Feel any better?"

She shrugs her shoulders and looks down. I say "I understand how you feel right"

She says in a whisper "how?"

I smile at the fact that she talked. I say "Believe it or not, I was in a similar position when I was little too. My dad was an alcoholic and when he drank alot, he would hurt my mom, my sister and sometimes me. Even though he did hurt us, when my mom met Eddie I missed him. He was my dad and no matter what, I'll always love him. So when my mom, me and my sister left my dad and moved out to live with Eddie it was really hard. Even though I loved him, I knew that i was better off without him because he we hurting me. It took some time for me to adjust, but in the end it all worked out for the best."

It's quiet for a minute until Nicole says "Am I too much?"

"What do you mean?"

"For Jess. She's working more hours to pay for my stuff and I feel bad"

"Don't think that. You'll never be too much on her, she loves you SO much Nicole"

She nods and says "But what's gonna happen when she runs out of money? I'm scared demi" her voice cracks.

"Hey no more crying okay? I promise you she will never run out of money. You have nothing to be afraid of"

"Thanks"

"I'll always be here, if you ever need to talk. Call me or come over whenever alright?"

"Yea, I will"

"Alright come on upstairs and hangout with everyone, we'll figure something out to do"

Surprisingly she comes up with me. I look in the back and both girls are out on the trampoline I say "why don't you go join them, ill be out in a minute" she smiles and runs outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I don't wanna make it like really long but it probably seems like it's dragging on.

But I promise it'll get better !

Keep commenting I love what you guys are saying!!!!!!!