Chapter 35

Jessica's POV

My eyes are still closed but I feel someone poking my stomach. I yawn and open my eyes to see Nikki standing next to the bed poking at me. I look next to me and see a sleeping Demi. I smile and look back and Nicole. I whisper "What time is it?"

"9" she says quickly.

"Why are you up so early?"

"Mommy called me..."

My eyes go wide and I sit up. I throw the blankets off and say "come on". I pull her wrist and walk out of the bedroom and into Bella's room so we don't wake Demi.

"What did she say?" I say firmly.

Nikki plays with her fingers and says "She-she said that I need to go home and th-that you can't take care of me."

I pace around the room and run my hands through my hair. I say "Nicole none of that is true. You are not going back home and I can take care of you."

"What if they try to take me back?" She says with tears in her eyes.

"I don't give a fuck, they won't get away with it." I yell.

She looks at me with a scared look on her face. I kneel down infront of her and say "Oh baby I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell, don't worry. Everything is going to be okay. I promise you."

She nods and says "But what if she's right...?"

"About what?"I ask

"What if you don't have enough money. You work more because of me..." She says hesitantly.

I sigh and say "I didn't wanna tell you this way...but if you're okay with it, we're going to move in with Demi"

She looks a little shocked.

I say "If you're not comfortable with it, it's totally fine Nikki..."

"No it's okay"

"Are you sure? Because we can live in my apartment if you want. It's okay if you don't want to. I'm serious."

"I'm okay with it. As long as it means you don't have to work alot of hours"

I smile and say "Okay I won't work more hours".

Nikki smiles and says "Okay good"

I giggle and hug her tightly "I loooooove you so much"

She laughs and says "Alright I love you too now get off"

I start tickling her and say "I'll never"

She laughs her really loud laugh and yells "Noooo! Please no jessy please stop!"

I laugh and say "How much do you love me?"

"A-LOT!" She yells as I attack her sides.

I laugh and pull away. She catches her breath as we both lay there. She looks over at me and says "So you and demi are pretty serious now?"

"I'd like to think that."

"Do you love her?"

I smile and say "yes I do, and I'm not talking about this with my 14 year old sister. Now take a shower and get upp!"

She giggles and gets up. I'm half way out the door when she says "hey Jess?"

"What's up?" I turn around.

"Thanks. For getting me out of there"

I smile and say "Don't worry, I always got your back"

She smiles and goes into the bathroom.