Chapter 52

Nikki's POV

Shit. I start walking faster with my head down hoping she doesn't see me. "Nicole? Nicole is that you?!"

No no no. This can't be happening. I feel my heart beat faster than ever. I don't turn around, I just keep walking. "Nicole! Wait stop!" God damnit why is the bathroom so far! As I was about to push open the bathroom door I felt a hand grip my shoulder tightly. She spins me around and I meet eyes with my mother. She smirks and says "Hi honey, what are you doing here?"

I gulp down my fear and say "Y-you're not supposed to be around me."

"Oh you don't really mean that baby. Right? I'm your mommy. You're my baby girl"

"N-no please let go of me. My friends are waiting for me"

"Why don't we go get something to eat so we can talk? I wanna know how you've been"

"No. You need to leave I'm gunna call Jess"

"There's no reason for that Nikki. I am your mother, and you'll listen to what I say." Her voice suddenly got stern.

"Actually you're not my legal mother. Jessica is."

"Nicole, you are my daughter and you'll do as I say. So lets go home okay?"

"No! I'm not going anywhere with you. You're gunna get arrested just for being here right now!" I raise my voice.

I see a worker walk up to us. He says "excuse me is there a problem?"

My mom says "no sir you see I was just-"

I cut her off and say "yes can you please help me. She's not suppose to be near me I need help" with tears brimming threatening to fall. I think he can tell I'm telling the truth just by his face. He calmly says "Alright ma'am I'm going to have to ask you to let go of her please. Or we will call the police"

She scoffs and lets go of my arm and I let out a nervous breath. The man says "okay what's your name sweetie?"

"N-nicole Leonard"

"Okay Nicole come with me"

I nod and start walking away from my mom when last minute I feel I tug on my arm causing me to turn around. "I know you're living with that singer. And when I found out where she lives you're coming back home." After that the only thing I remember was feeling a punch to the face, and seeing black.

Maddie's POV

I saved all of us seats and waited for them to get back. 5 minutes later KJ and Justin sat down. KJ sat to the right of me and Justin sat two to the left of me, leaving Nikki a spot. Justin says "Where's Nikki?"

"She went to the bathroom but she's been gone a while I'm gunna go check on her". They both nod and talk about some football game as I get up. I walk out of the theater and down the hallway towards the bathroom when I see Nikki crying, walking with some dude that works here. I was about to say something to get her attention when I see her turn around and some lady punched her! Oh my gosh wait that's her mom! "NIKKI!"

I run over to her and she's laying on the floor unconscious. The guy says "are you her friend?"

I nod my head and say "Yea what happened?"

"That woman and her were arguing infront of the bathrooms and she told me to help because that woman wasn't supposed to be near her so we started walking away and then she just hit her..."

I ask "do we need to call an ambulance?"

He shakes his head. "No, but you should call her parents. She'll probably wake up in a minute or two."