Pony's letter to you

Dear Y/N,
     How's college going? I hope your having a lot of fun while your away. The gang is doing pretty good, most of them really miss you though. Now that were graduated its odd, because I have no school to worry about. Summer is going actually good, much better than previous ones. I miss you a lot.
     I got a job! I work at the library. Originally I tried at the DX in Sodas spot then soon relized that I dont quite have the hand or auto-mechanics. So then I went to work with Darry and realized that I dont quite thave the talent of physical labor. I chose soemthing that includes what I like most, books. I work at the library downtown.
     I just remembered that I forgot to tell you and so that last paragraph might not make sense to you really. Soda got shipped off to Vietnam. He left about three months ago and should be coming home in a week or two, he'll only be home for a week though, then he goes back and that is when things begin to get real. Everyone is taking it a little differently. Steve is taking it. . . we'll call it bad. The day Soda left he practically recked his work area at the DX, the boss caught him through a ton of stuff and yelling and cursing. Darry seems okay, but really you can tell he is hurting, he is not really himself. He seems to be forgetting things more and more these days, like he is distracted.
     Anyways, I really miss you. I think of you every night and sometimes even all day. I cant wait for you to come back and visit I'll be right here waiting for you. Love ya.

        Yours Truley,
                Ponyboy Curtis