Pony

Pony and you started dating almost 2 years ago, you had never been into cliche dating,  but when a girl in your class started bragging about her boyfriend giving her a promise ring,  you fell right into the trap. 
Oh course you loved Pony and sure you wanted to spend the rest of your life with him, but did he feel the same way? 
You had mentioned something to Johnny about it. You trusted him the most with you deepest secrets. 
"I don't know I guess. I just think- no I'm being stupid. " You told him. 
"I don't think it's stupid. I think it's sweet that you want Pony to get you a promise ring.  But I don't think that gang would like it much."
"What makes you say that?"
"Well you know how Dar you is with that stuff.  He thinks highschool relationships are stupid and pointless . "
"The  he doesn't need to know, now does he. Because your not going to tell him. Johnny.  You won't right?"
" Of-of course."
Pony and you were in the lot when it happened.  It was a normal day, nothing had been special and you have never expected it. But he actually got down on his knee and said this to you:
"I want to promise you everything.  The sun, the stars, the moon. But right now unfortunately I cannot reach any of those. I can promise you one thing though.  I will love you for my whole life.  And I promise that someday when I have a steady job and we are out of this hell hole,  I will ask you to be mine, till death do us part.  So will you promise me to say yes?"
Tears welled up in your eyes, "I promise."