Chapter 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ash's Pov

"Hey Mum, we're back!" I yell into the house as I open the front door to my home as Pikachu jumps off my shoulder and runs into the house. 'Well someone is happy to be home.' I say to myself as I watch Pikachu run through the hallway and into the kitchen. 'He is probably going to get some ketchup as usual.' I think to myself coming to the reason as to why Pikachu is so happy to be home.

As I snap back to reality I immediately recognise that I didn't get a response from my mother. 'Hmmmm, it's not like her not to respond.' I think to myself, starting to become suspicious as to the reason behind the no response. I walk into the kitchen and my eyes immediately drift towards Pikachu who is trying to creatively find his way up to the shelf that has a bottle of ketchup.

"Pika, Pika Pi?" asks Pikachu in a begging tone and with Eevee eyes (Pokemon version of puppy eyes).

"Yeah, I got it for you buddy." I answer with a small smile which caused Pikachu to jump down from the bottom shelf onto the kitchen bench with a delighted expression on his face as I walk up to the shelf with the ketchup on it and give it to Pikachu.

As I watch Pikachu undo the lid to the bottle of ketchup I draw my thoughts back to my mother who is still no where to be seen.

"Hey Pikachu, do you know where Mum is?" I ask the electric mouse who is licking his ketchup covered hands. "Pika Pi." He answers as he points to a yellow sticky note on the fridge. 'Wow, how did I miss that?' I mentally face palmed and picked the note off the fridge and began to read it.

Hey Honey,

I have gone out to do some shopping for tonight's dinner so I won't be back until later tonight so could you please do some of the house work for me. I know you might be tired from training but it would be a huge help. I also have something very important I need to discus with you tonight.

Thanks Hon

-Mom

'Oh so thats where she went. Things make sense now.' I think to myself with a sign of relief that she is ok, though the last part of the note did have me a bit worried. What could she need to discus with me? I don't think I have done anything that would upset her in anyway... at least I don't think so.

"Pika-chu." Says Pikachu bringing me out of my thoughts and back to the real world where I noticed he was looking at me with a worryed expression. "It's ok buddy, I was just thinking of what my Mum needs to talk to me about?" I explain to Pikachu remembering how close me and Pikachu are, we are so close that we can tell what eachother are feeling even if it isn't noticable to the naked eye. Pikachu must have sensed that I was trobbled by something and wanted to make sure i was alright.

"Pika Pi." Explained Pikachu, telling me that we should do all of the house work so that my Mum wouldn't be upset with me and if it was indeed something bad she need to tell me at least she wouldn't have to go through the stress of chores.

"Great idea buddy! What would I do without you? You always know how to make me feel better." I say to Pikachu with a large smile on my face to show him that he had gotten rid of my worries as I walk back over to the fridge and picked up the chores list and began to read it to see what we have to do.

Chores for today:

-Feed Pokemon

-Unpack dishwasher

-Clean floors and table

"Seems easy enough." I say to Pikachu as I show him what we need to do. I had just started teaching Pikachu how to read in English and he is slowly getting better as each day does by. Pikachu has still got along way to go before he can read fluently but he is getting there.

"Pika." Pikachu responds again snapping me out of my thought and nods his head to tell me that he nderstands what we need to do.

"Ok buddy," I start to tell Pikachu the plan of attack. "If we work together we will complete this before Mum gets home." I say with determination. Pikachu simply nods then raises his hand in fist towards me to tell me that he has got my back. "Ok buddy, can you start with the dishwasher and ill go feed the others?" I ask Pikachu knowing that it is the only task he can do by himself for a while. "Pika-chu." He says with as much determination as me to get things done.

Time skip! (I don't think you guys would really want to read Ash and Pikachu do chores so Time Skip!)

"And... Done!" I say with exhaustion as I colaps onto my bed while I wait for the floors to dry. "I gotta admit buddy, you and me make a really good team." I say as I give him a friendly wink. "Pika." He responds as he releases a long yawn and jumps onto my bed to curl up into a ball with his tale covering his face as he falls into a well deserved sleep. 'I should probably do the same, its been a long day.' I tell myself as I lie down and slowly drift asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you go, Chapter 2 done. I have to say I am enjoying this story writing thing :)

Anyway hope you enjoyed.