Chapter 38

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ash's POV

"This is going to be great!" Gary spoke with much enthusiasm as we arrived at the entrance of what I have heard is one of Kalos' best shopping malls! The undeniable size of the multiple buildings that seemed to interconnect would definitely live up to that title and the swarm of cars and people everywhere you look demonstrates this places overwhelming popularity as both people and Pokémon exchange smiles while they shop in what seemed like harmony.

'How can people find harmony in shopping?' I ask myself while my friends push me into the shopping entrance while Pikachu giggles in amusement on my shoulder making me just shake my head while I quickly placed and foot in front of the other to match the speed of that of which I was forcefully being pushed by Gary at.

"Trust us Ash! After today you will be able to look your very best for that party!" Drew speaks while walking next to me with one of his hands half engulfed by his pockets. Though for some reason I doubted their analogy.

"Pika Pi!" Pikachu spoke in a cheerful voice while his face lit up with joy as he launched himself of my shoulder and in front me as he rushed up a head, examining each shop as he ran by them. His face seemed bright and full of life which came as more of a relief compare to how he has been behaving the last couple of weeks.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu yells up ahead while pointing to one of the shops.

"Great choice Pikachu!" Gary spoke, quickening his speed as he pushed me along unwillingly towards the shop of which Pikachu stood proudly in front of.

"No fuss for the Tux?" Gary spoke, reading the name of clothing shop out loud. All of us couldn't help but laugh a little at the name. "Well at least is has exactly what we need!" He added before he nodded to Paul, Clemont and Drew then giving me one final push into the clothing store, which resulted in me falling over as I place a foot into the store.

"OW!" I say in pain as I turn back around to the group while still on the ground. "Sometimes I really hate you guys." I say jokingly while shaking my head as Pikachu jumped back onto my shoulder and nuzzled my cheeks while giving a small laughter of enjoyment.

"Good day young sir, can I hep you?" I hear a voice speak in a very formal tone which kinda actually sounded rather familiar...

"Yes please! See our friend here needs something fancy to wear for my party." Clemont explained as I turned around to see a familiar face.

"Cilan?!" I say in both happiness and confusion as at of all people I didn't expect him to be here!

"PIKACHU!" Pikachu yells in excitement as well upon realisation that it was our old friend Cilan.

"Ash? Pikachu? Is that really you guys!?" Cilan responded in amazement and utter disbelieve as his posture changed from formal to friendly almost instantly while the others just had a confused look on their faces.

"You know him? Paul asked in his normal emotionless tone which caused Cilan to tilt his head a little.

"Yes, guys this is Cilan! He is one of my friends I travelled with." I explain and introduce Cilan to the group of boys who didn't seem to interested... "He's a gym leader." I add after a second of silence which almost immediately cause both Gary and Paul were begging Cilan for a battle!

"I can't now I'm working!" I hear Cilan try and say through the pleads of Gary and Paul who really wanted to have a battle and didn't seem like they were going to leave Cilan alone until they got one as show through the determination in their eyes.