Chapter 16

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serena's POV

The school day was nearing its end and the battle between Ash and Calem was nearing. At the moment I was accompanying Ash, not wanting to leave his side, as he was talking to a Mr Mime that he calls 'Mimey'. Mimey was transferring Ash's Pokémon he will be using in the battle after school.

I didn't listen to their discussion. I was still having trouble getting my head around how much Ash is willing to sacrifice for me. My heart felt all warm and fuzzy when I am around Ash and it felt like a knife has been stabbed through it at the thought of him not being with me. I don't know what I am feeling, but I like... no love the feeling in my heart but it hurts like nothing I have ever felt before when he leaves me.

I continued to think about this new set of emotions trying to make sense of them but I couldn't come up with an answer before Ash snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Don't worry Serena, I am not going to loose. Not when I have so much riding on this battle." He says. He must have seen how concern and worry I looked and that's what I like about Ash. He notices the little things and is so kind that he always wants to help.

"I-I know..." I say, knowing that he doesn't know the real reason why I fell a bit scared. "I-its j-just... I d-don't want to l-leave your s-side." I finally manage to say, letting out a small sign after knowing that I can't stand with him as he battles.

"Don't worry Serena, my friends will be with you and you can cheer me on with them." He says giving me a reassuring smile which made my heart begin to fill with those new and unexplained emotions.

~💛~

The school day had finally ended and now Ash was about to battle Calem. Right now we were all standing before Ash as he was about to walk out into the stadium. But the only thing stopping him from going out there was me. I was firmly attached to Ash's arm not wanting to leave his side as tears started to run down my face as I begged his to stay with me.

"Please Ash. P-please." I say in-between my sobbing, but I knew it was a battle I was always going to loose.

"Serena." Ash said, lifting my head up so that I looked at him. He just gave me a heart warming smile as he took off his Red cap with a half white pokeball symbol on it. His actions were confusing at first until he placed his cap onto my head and his smile grew even bigger.

"I will always be with you Serena." He said, using the opportunity to walk out into the packed school stadium while I was still in shock and processing his actions.

"Serena... come on, lets go cheer Ash on!" I hear Dawn say while putting her hand on my shoulder but I didn't look at her I just continued to stare at the path Ash had taken into the stadium, knowing that I can't follow him through there and now the only thing I can do is cheer him on now.

I slowly turn to face Dawn and the others a nod my head. Dawn immediately took my hand and the 5 of use begin to run out of the participants room so that we could get seats to watch the match.

Eventually we got out seats on the top row of the stadium. We were directly behind the referee and had a perfect view of the battle field. I sat next to Dawn to try and feel comfortable, but it wasn't the same as when I was with Ash. With that thought I took off his cap and just placed it next to my heart and began to pray for his victory.

~💛~ 

Ash's POV

I looked around at all the people in the stadium noticing that everyone in the whole school must be here to watch this battle. But... Calem was meant to be the strongest in the school then a video goes out of him loosing to my Pikachu, of course there was going to be a crowed for the rematch. But the crowed doesn't frighten me. I have been in enough league battles to no longer be nervous because of crowds.