Chapter 35

HA! You thought I was going to make you wait for a whole week to find out what happens! I'm not that evil! Or am I.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serena's POV

"And that's why I decided that we will be moving." Those words played in my head over and over, hoping that I miss heard her that somehow I was missing a word that would direct he senetnce at someone else instead of me but no, no the sentence was exactly as I feared it was.

'M-moving? No... no I can't, I won't!' Was all my mind could think of saying but of course I could never say that out loud. My voice is insignificant and my words are like a pin drop, only heard in dead silence and even then the noice is still faint. But the only difference between my voice and the noice of a pin drop is that a pin drop would make people's head trun at the sound of it where as my voice was more like a mumble, people could hear it but not understand it nor pay much attention to it.

"Serena, we will be moving in two days so go pack your things. But don't pack everything okay? We are only going to go and see if this new place is a good place to live." My mother spoke, while getting up from the couch as if the conversation is over.

I gaze down at my spot on the couch and let my mind play the memories I shared with Ash on this very couch, the day I began to feel some form of happiness, the day I got my first friend and the day I got my first and only crush.

"I-I don't want to go." I mumble softly to myself but just loud enough for my mother to hear me before she walked off.

"Did you say something Serena?" She asked in her normal voice. This was it, this is my chance to finally speak my mind for once in my life. Although I had done it once with Ash, saying it to my own mother just seemed harder for some reason.

"I-I said... I d-don't want to m-move." I speak in a soft and vervous voice. I didn't face her while talking mainly because of nerves but also the fact that my mind was set on the horrible thought of having to leave Ash.

"Why?" My mother replied followed by a small chuckle as if somehow this was all a joke but I wasn't joking. Ash and his friends have given me something I hadn't had in a long time, a life. A life that had purpose, a life that I could be proud of because it contained emotions that in my old one were a mere fairy tale. They gave me a life where I could actually do something with it! Through my short time with Ash I have done more things than I had ever done in my life in Kalos! I have learned to be happy, I have learned to have fun and I have learned to love.

"B-because I like it here." I say, my voice becoming a bit clearer as my confidence begins to slowly lift as just how much this place means to me becomes iminate in my mind. "I don't want to leave."

"But Serena darling, people here hurt you! I don't want to see that. I want to see a happy Serena, like I saw a week ago when Ash stayed over at our place. I want to see that energised Serena again and I figure that a new start with new people might accomplish that."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing, my own mother thinks that moving away from my friends and Ash might actually help make me happier?! Well I guess she still doesn't know about my relationship with Ash nor the fact that my problems with Calem have just recently been taken care of.

"I'm happy here though! My friends make me happy... Ash make me happy!" I say in a confident and firm voice, not shuttering through my speech nor stopping to think about what I was saying, I just let my mind take over my mouth and let it say whatever it needed to.

My mother looked at me in shock, she could probably see by now how much I have changed since becoming friends with Ash. Heck I could remember back to when she found me in my room trying doing acts of self harm. Though she may not have realised it . I heard what she said about all I needed was a friend. And she was right. That was exactly what I needed, and I bet she is realising the exact same thing right now.