Chapter 27

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ash's POV

I was so happy to see Serena with a smile on her face at long last. Her and Fennekin seem to get along really well, through out most of the class Serena had Fennekin out of its pokeball, as of my recommendation to her, so that she could bond more with Fennekin.

Serena spent most of the lesson grooming Fennekin as it was basically a bonding lesson with our Pokémon which I don't think was necessary for me do to, as me and Pikachu already have an unbreakable bond. But I could understand how this lesson would be very valuable to other trainers like Serena, who can take this opportunity to deepen the bond between trainer and Pokémon.

Of course I didn't waste this lesson doing absolutely nothing. I used this time to help Serena and Fennekin get to know one another while also setting up some trust exercises for them to complete so that they would hopefully by the end of the lesson have a good amount of trust in one another.

After Pikachu and I would demonstrate the exercise to both of them and explain how it works, then they would attempt to complete the task. The tasks weren't too complicated, most of them just involved trust falls from various heights and joint tasks where they would need to work together as a team to complete a puzzle or an activity.

At first they found it a bit challenging as both of them didn't have full trust in one another yet. But by the end of the lesson they had successfully completed every task and in my opinion, established a good amount of trust in one another.

There was only a few minuets left in this class which Serena used to just bond with Fennekin by brushing her fur with a hair brush that she kept in her bad which I found a bit confusing as to why she had one in her bad, but hey, girls are girls.

Seeing Serena smiling as she brushed Fennekin's bright yellow fur while she too smiled brightly as her new trainer brushed her tale softly, brings back all the valuable memories that I have shared with each and every one of my Pokémon.

"Ash, Ash!" I hear a familiar female voice coming from behind me resulting in me turning around to see Dawn running towards me with a look of urgency.

"Hey Dawn, what's up?" I ask calmly as soon as she reached me while Pikachu jumped onto my shoulder and greeted Dawn as well.

"Ash! I have something very important to tell you!" Dawn says with a rather serious tone before taking a quick glance over at Serena which made me a little worried.

"What's wrong Dawn?" I ask her with a rather bad feeling in my gut.

"It's Calem. He-" Dawn was beginning to explain before an announcement from the schools speakers cut her off before she could continue.

"ATTENTION ALL STUDENT! WE WILL NOW BE HAVING AN ASSEMBLY HOSTED BY CALEM XAVIER. SO PLEASE BEGIN TO MAKE YOUR WAY OVER TO THE ASSEMBELY HALL. THANKYOU." The loud speakers say while everyone stoped what they were doing and listened closely.

As the speakers was finishing the announcement I took a quick look over at Serena who had paused grooming Fennekin and had a worried look on her face as she turned her head to face me.

"That's what I wanted to tell you." Dawn said immediately after the announcement finished. "I saw Calem in the hallway before class started and what I heard him say sounded like he is planning to do something to you!" Dawn adds.

'So it's not Serena he is after, it's me.' I think with a bit of relief that she is not the target but also a bit worried at what he could have planned in store for me.