Chapter 45

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ash's POV

Step by step my legs ached with the pain of exhaustion and cried for the sweet relief of a break. Never before had I found putting one foot in front of another such a tiring and energy depleting task. I'm sure I wasn't the only one feeling the exhaustion beginning to take over. Serena panted heavily and her breaths only appeared to get deeper and faster with each passing step we climbed.

"We are almost there Serena..... just a bit further." I say to try and encourage her to keep going. But my breath was weak and it was demonstrated through a small pause to try and gather enough oxygen to finish my sentence.

Looking back at her I came to realise that she has it much worse, climbing these stairs had to be no easy task with the dress she is wearing which weighing her down.

"I.. I'm not tired. I... I could do this all day." She said gathering her breath. Her eyes burned with the flame of determination. A spark I wasn't familiarised with seeing through her eyes. It is like a whole new version of Serena. And I liked it.

"Hurry up love birds! Stop proposing to each other and hurry up!" Bonnie yelled out.

Lifting my head upwards to face the direction of Bonnie's voice left me in complete shock upon finding her perched over the railing of the very top of the stair case, waving down at us with a cheeky yet innocent grin on her face.

But no time was granted for words as suddenly the building shook with power and aggression, pushing both me and Serena from the railing of the stairs, that we were holding onto to keep ourselves standing, to the tower wall with ease.

Yelps of a small scream of shock admitted from Serena's mouth as our backs hit against the wall.

Pain quickly filled my body at the source of impact, making itself known that I had just been knocked right off my feet. But the source was gone by the time I had hit the wall along with Serena who had a confused and frightened look.

"What in the name of Arceus was that?" She asks while getting to her feet. Her face unsuccessfully attempting to hide the pain of the impact through a grit of her teeth.

"I-I'm unsure. Felt like something happened down there." I guess looking down at the bottom of the stairs and at the door that we had entered through by following Dedenne. "A battle perhaps?" I add as I force myself onto my feet and offer Serena a hand up which we accept

"We can't stop now. We are almost at the top." I say determined as Serena nods in agreement with what I can only describe as the same burning determination and spirit in her eyes as my own.

~💛~

Gary's POV

Dust filled the air around us, ominously cloaking the cause of the explosion that had powerfully decided to know on the wall instead of the front door. I mean come on! Why do bad guys always got to make their entrance through a wall? There is a perfectly good front door right next to where the explosion had came from.

"What now!?" Clemont says in distress. And as if on cue the dust fades to reveal men in tight red pyjamas?

"Who are you?!" Dawn yells at them as she reaches for a PokeBall and gets into battle stance.

Her actions are quickly followed by the rest of the gang who all now have one PokeBall in there and were ready for battle. 'Better safe the sorry. Umbreon I'm going to need you if things get bad' I think as I get out my Pokémon's PokeBall.