Chapter 13

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ash's POV

Serena and I spent most of the night on the couch together. Serena was lying down with her head peacefully rested on my lap while I would gently stroke her long, gorgeous honey-blonde hair with my hand which I could tell she enjoyed.

We mostly just both stayed silent as words were not needed. I simply knew that Serena was just enjoying my company. I guess that makes sense considering that she has never had a friend before and her only parent worked really late. That meant that she was always in this empty house alone with nothing but her thoughts to keep her entertained. And from what I could tell by how she reacted when I left to get the pizza, her thoughts haven't been treating her well.

When we weren't just enjoying the moment together we walked, which I could tell was new to her, but I made do. We talked about my old school and how no Pokémon were allowed. We than began to tell Serena the story behind how I got Pikachu as my starter, and I learnt that she is still yet to get a Pokémon of her own. Which confuses me because she could of had a friend from the age of 10 to play with her, to stick up for her but she just said that because of Calem, who would occasionally would use his Pokémon to help with Serena's suffering. She explained that because of that she never really felt comfortable around Pokémon which had caused her to tear up again.

I then began to explain that having a Pokémon is amazing, as I began to tell her stories of me and Pikachu and our journey together and all the friends we meet through our travels. I told Serena about my adventure through Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and through the Unova region. She seemed very shocked and even impressed at how much I have travelled.

After a long bit of silence, Serena than began to tell me about her childhood. She told me about how her mother was a famous Rhyhorn Racers, and how she use to be forced by her mother to do long and hard hours of Rhyhord practise so that she could follow in her foot steps. She also told me about how many different ways she tried to escape training and how none of which worked. She told me how school and all the bullying lead her to have depression, which she found difficulty admitting and did result in her crying again into my chest.

After comforting her she began to explain how she this is her third school she had been to and no matter where she goes she can never seem to escape those horrible people who make fun of her while mercilessly beating her day in day out.

Soon Serena fell asleep on my lap at around 8:30pm. I however was still awake and just watched her sleep while running my hand through her hair. I didn't want to put her to bed because I didn't want to risk waking her while trying to get up so I just continued to wonder how people could be so mean to her and just let time do its job.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pikachu was peacefully sleeping on the other couch until I noticed his ears begin to twitch as he opened his eyes and looked at me in concern.

I knew that when ever Pikachu's ears twitch that something is always up and from the way he looked at me I came the conclusion that he sensed something... or someone.

I looked at Pikachu trying to figure out what he was sensing until I heard the front door begin to open. This immediately caused Pikachu to jump off the couch he was on and reposition himself on the arm of the couch I was in protection.

Not long after I heard the door open I see a human like figure walk in turning on the lights to the kitchen without noticing me on the couch directly opposite the kitchen in the living room. Pikachu had sparks coming for his cheeks telling me that he is ready to attack while I noticed that the figure was a female.