Chapter 44

Hello all! So this chapter was meant to be put 2 weeks ago... but Wattpad decided that the first time I wrote this wasn't good enough so it DELETED IT!!!! 😤😣😖😭
So take 2 😒
Really sorry for the delays. Exams are coming but after me and Wattpad are gonna have lots of fun writing lots of chapters!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ash's POV

The ground shook aggressively. A sudden powerful and loud earth erupting sound shattered the music and knocking everyone off their feet and onto the vibrating floor.

Screams of terror and fear filled the room.

My brain and heart raced at a million miles an hour as my first instincts found me pulling my dance partner and girlfriend against me to protect her. But the force of this sudden outburst of power knocked me off my feet, taking both me and Serena to the floor.

luckily and unluckily I acted as a pillow for her soft landing.

Her sudden jolt of fear was a sound that I never wanted to hear, but my mind was too occupied and confused to focus on that as the terror of the other party guest filled my ears.

Adrenaline ran through me faster the ever. My body had gone completely into survival mode.

But as sudden as the rumbling and shaking started it finished. Leaving nothing but silence to fill the inertia of Lumious Tower. Party decorations and food scraps littered the ground as if an earth quake had just occurred. And that was exactly my state of mind.

"A-Ash..." A soft voice seemed to calm me as I turned my head to the girl who was still laying on top of me from the fall.

My eyes met hers but my body still flooded with adrenaline which made my heart beat feel like it was gonna explode. Causing my concentration to fluster and blur.

"Ash. Are you alright?" I her more voices say as I watch Serena get assisted off me by Dawn. Embracing her in a hug.

"Ashy-Boy! Stop slacking around!" I hear the joking voice of Gary who's hand came into vision to help me up.

I knew what was happening and what he was doing. But my actions were slow and fragile. My eyes fixed on his hand for seconds before my hand could actually follow my brains command to take a hold of it.

~💛~

Serena's POV

The conferring embrace of Dawn helped my heart and thoughts to calm.

'What in the name of Arceus just happened?!' Was all that my brain could focus on as I'm sure most people were probably thinking the same.

Looking over Dawn's shoulder, still in the hug, I saw people and Pokémon scattered all over the ground. They didn't look like they were severely hurt or injured which was good. But the sight of it was hard to look at.

Ash didn't look too good either. Which is hard to accomplish considering its Ash. But he looked beaten and shocked though he did just have me fall on him so he may have become winded from the impact.

"CLEMONT WHAT DID YOU DO?!" Bonnie's voice shouted through the air.

My focus shifted to her then to Clemont who was helping a girl with roller skates and a white helmet to her feet which I found to be rather unusual fashion style given what everyone else was wearing.

"I didn't do anything. This wasn't me." He replied with confusion striking his tone.

"NO! What invention did you blow up now?!" She accused, clearly not liking the response of her older brother. But surly Clemont's tendency to have his inventions blow up wasn't the cause of all this? Right?