-Sweet Escape (His Family Plus Him)-

How am I supposed to answer that without hurting him? I don't even want to give him false hope that I will be able to reciprocate his love for me. It's not that I don't want to love him, I just don't really know how will I be able to love again after what his friend did to me. I started to loathe him to the point that I don't want to say his name. Because of him, I find it hard to trust my heart to anyone now. I feel that I'm starting to have this phobia and I hate it. I feel a little bit numb inside.

He smiled bitterly. "No need to stress yourself. You don't have to answer. Alam ko naman ang sagot diyan."

"I'm sorry. I told you, you deserve someone better..." I trailed.

"And I already told you that I don't need that someone better. It's all my fault! Kung naging tama lang sana ang desisyon ko noon wala sanang nasaktan sa ating lahat." I can see frustration on his face.

"Don't take all the blame. They have the freewill to do anything and they chose to hurt us. Hindi mo kontrolado ang situation at ang mga utak nila." Nakikita ko ang sarili ko sa kanya. When a situation like this arises, I always blame myself for everything that happens especially when I know that I could do something to change it.

"That means I chose to hurt you too. Hinayaan kasi kita na mapunta sa kanya kahit na alam ko ang lahat. It sucks you know that I indirectly inflicted pain in you when I know that I could have done something about it." He exhaled sharply and run his fingers through his hair.

"It also sucks for me big time cause I'm directly inflicting pain in you and I can't do something about it." There's silence again. When truth speaks, everything around you succumbs.

"Huwag na lang kasi ako Aidan." I added after a while. I took back what I thought earlier that I wanted to be selfish now. I wanted to be okay again but not at his expense. Ayoko na siyang idamay.

Instead of seeing pain, a smile was painted on his face. "Akala ko ba you want me to be happy? You're contradicting your first statement. This too shall pass. Mamahalin mo rin ako in the right place at the right moment at the right time." he said with conviction.

Akala ko tapos na siyang magsalita. "You're starting to care for me and that's a good sign. I'm holding on to that no matter how small it is. Kahit na 1 percent lang yan, it's still a chance. You cannot complete the 100 without that 1 percent. A least hindi na ako out of coverage unlike before. Kaya konti pa. Tiwala lang." All the negative feelings inside me was suddenly swept away by his statement.

"That's so gay you know but you really have your way with words." I said smiling. Bakit ba hindi na lang siya ang minahal ko? He's a perfect guy for every girl. Why can't my heart see the perfectness of his character like what my mind does?

"I'm not gay, baby. I'm just in love." To say that I'm dumbfounded by his words would be an understatement. Geeez! My heart fluttered when he called me baby. I can't understand but somehow it sounded so right.

He motioned me to walk. "Tara na. Nagugutom na ako eh. Ipagluluto mo pa ako di ba?" What's happening with me again? Hindi na naman ako makapagsalita. Ano bang nararamdaman ko? Hindi ko alam. Shit!

He stopped walking and faced me. "Can I....." What? Not again! Walang boses na lumalabas sa bibig ko.

He's looking at his hand and back to mine. Oh! I think I know what he wants. "Never mind. Halika na. Alam ko saan masarap ang cake at ice cream." He started to walk away with a hunch shoulder. Since words are not working for me, actions will do it's job. I keep up with him and grabbed his hand. He was surprised obviously because we suddenly stop in the middle of the mall.

"Come on, Aidan! Nagugutom na rin ako eh." I felt my stomach growled. I finally got my voice back.

Looks like our situation is reverse now. I tried to pull my hand out of his hand to snap both my fingers in front of him but he didn't let go of it. I wrinkled my forehead.

"It perfectly fits mine. Parang shoes lang ni Cinderella." He said looking at our intertwined hands. I felt warm suddenly. His hands sends a warm feeling in my system like a message that is telling me that everthing is gonna be alright.

"Uy! Hindi na niya huhugasan ang kamay niya mamaya." I teased him.

"Bakit naman hindi ko huhugasan eh kung pagkatapos nito, pwede ko namang ulit hawakan ang kamay mo?" Anak ng teteng sa akin bumalik.

"Mukhang nasa 10 percent loading na ako ah." Huh? Ano yun? Hayaan na naman siya. Nagbubugtungan na naman kaming dalawa. Bigla na lang siyang tumawa ng bongga. Ang galing talaga nitong mag-shift ng mood. Kainis! Anong nakakatuwa?!

"Clueless as ever. Kaya hindi mo pa rin siya ma-figure out eh." Now he's talking greeks.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I asked him confusingly mad.

"The jeepney boy. Your perfect stranger." My perfect stranger? Ah! Siya. I still haven't figure it out that yet. Masyado akong pre-occupied sa mga nangyayari. I BADLY wanted to know him now. Dati kasi hindi masyado. Naiintriga na ako sa kanya eh. Aminin nyo kayo din naman gusto niyo siyang makilala di ba?

"You know him? Sino siya?" My voice is full of curiosity. Come on tell me, if kilala mo siya.

"Go figure." Ay pisti! Kainis. He burst again into laughter. Tama yan, Aidan Miguel. Makikilala at malalaman ko rin siya makikita mo.

"And you have to tell me first kung sino siya sa tingin mo." Bigla siyang sumeryoso sa hindi ko malamang dahilan. Hay boys! Magulo rin pala kayo. Akala ko kami lang.

>>>>>>>>>

Nakabili na ako ng cake, Mango Bravo ng Conti's at Chocolate Therapy ng Ben and Jerry's. Bumili na rin ako ng ingredients for his favorite Pansit. But despite of this mouth watering desserts that I should be excited about, I suddenly felt strange. I don't know but it seems that something is about to happen and I don't like it. Why am I being so paranoid suddenly?

"Hey! You all right?" See? Napansin din niya. He glances at me.

"Ewan, kinabahan lang ako." I admit. Ano ba to? Parang ayokong bumalik sa rest house nila.

"Kahit ano pang lasa ng lulutuin mo, basta ikaw ang cook, panalo pa rin yun sa akin." I rolled my eyes and he chuckled.

"Silly! Hindi yun ang ibig kong sabihin. Baka pag natikman mo yung luto ko. Makalimutan mo yung pangalan mo." Tinuro kaya sa akin ito ni Mamita. Expert cook ang lola ko eh.

"Okay lang yun. Basta ikaw hindi ko makakalimutan." I rolled my eyes again heavenwards and we both laughed. Bigla na lang siyang tumigil tumawa and I heard him cussed.

"What the heck are they doing here!?" I followed his gaze. My heart stops when I saw a familiar SUV parked beside a CR-V inside their rest house. The gates are already open. Parang ayokong bumaba.

"You stay here first." He firmly said. Bumaba na si Aidan, kasabay ng mga tao sa loob ng SUV. My eyes are fixed on that SUV and they suddenly emerge out of it. Aidan's family and yung dalawang taong ayokong makita. The two person I loathe the most. All of the pain, hatred, betrayal come rushing to me. All of the ones that I've been trying to get rid and runaway from.

They did it again. They broke my heart again that I can't even breathe. He held her hand.

Damn you Lagdameo!