-Lies-

Dax's POV

Ang gago ko talaga! Tangina! Bakit kailangang maging ganito?! Bakit ngayon lang Nikola?? Bakit ngayon pa? Why are you confusing me this much?

Flashback:

I was in Batangas with her. After I talked to Elise on the phone, her name flashed on the screen. She was crying over the phone. I was worried about her. She told me that she was staying in our resort. I drove my way to Batangas. I borrowed my Dad's car. What's her problem this time? I thought she's over with Aidan? Why is she crying again?

When I reached our resort, the receptionist told me that she was in one of the rooms. I went over to her room and found her lying on bed, chilling with fever. I panicked and called out for help. They called a doctor to check her up. It was just plain fever due to fatigue and stress that was the doctor's findings. Fatigue and stress?? What has she been doing lately? Whatever thing she have been busy with, what's important now is she's okay. I breathe a sigh of relief. Maybe, she was just in the stage of delirium that's why she was crying. I'm just so happy that she's back. My bestfriend is back. I just hope that she'll get along with Elise. I'll be the happiest person if that happens.

Shit, Elise! I need to call her. I fished on my phone in my pocket and stood up but she held my hand and said "Don't go. I need to say something." I knitted my brows. Confused. I sit back. I can tell that she's dead serious. I know her so well.

"I like you, Harold. I came back for you." she limply said.

I smiled timidly and replied "Silly! Just rest. It'll be gone tomorrow."

She just smiled with my reply and closed her eyes. "Just don't leave me. You're the only one I got now." She added. I just stared at her the whole night. Why is it that there's something inside of me that's wishing that everything that she said to me now is all true and not just part of her hallucination. Fuck! What am I thinking?? I forgot Elise that night.

I woke up due to a call from someone. When I checked on the screen, I saw Keith's number flashing. Damn it! I forgot Elise!! I stood up and blankly went at the balcony. Shit! I don't know what to tell them. I answered nervously. I was startled by his voice. My whole system started to panicked. Fuck it! I have to lie. Every words I say to them, felt like a jab in my conscience. This is all my fault. I've neglected to call Elise. I was supposed to call her but argh!! Jesus!! What the hell, Harold?! I've checked on my phone and saw all of her messages and missed calls. She have called me a dozen times. Fucking shit! Stupid Harold! How can you be so stupid!!

I jumped in horror when someone patted my back. It's Nikola. She smiled apologetically at me. "Thank you for the company. I'm sorry you have to lie. I'll explain to them everything."

I replied. "No. You don't have to do that. Ako na ang bahala. Are you okay now?" I touched her forehead and it felt cool this time unlike last night.

"Let's go back to Manila. I'll treat you in Sakae Sushi. Masarap daw dun eh." She flashed me a smile.

"Okay, let's go." I said but I know I'm screwed.

We went back to Manila and stopped at the restaurant she was talking about. She let me go in first. I chose the table near the counter and sat down. Out of nowhere, Elise appeared in front of me. Damn it! How in the world!? I'm totally screwed! What am I going to do?!

I looked at her and I can see that she's so worried about me. I felt a twinge of guilt in me. I should've call her and tell her everything. I should've not lie in the first place. I'm sure she'll understand me but Damn it! I couldn't change what I have done. Arguing with myself is pointless. I lied to her and it sucks. She doesn't deserve this.