Chapter Twelve

As we had cleared the basement— pushing the couches over to the sides, sweeping the carpets, picking up trash and some unusual things under the couch—, we had finally formed a circle on the floor. Jen had placed the bottle in the middle of the gang, and she looked among us.

"So, who's going to spin it?" She questioned.

Nobody replied, as if clueless, so I suggested, "Rock, Paper, Scissors?"

"That's soooooo lame," Alex said in the girliest voice possible.

What a weirdo.

I snorted, "Got a better idea, Sherlock?" Alex nodded. "Oh yeah? What?"

"Jen spins it. Duh."

I rolled my eyes at his childish behavior, and my cheeks puffed out slightly in annoyance. Jen noticed and sputtered out a small giggle, spinning the bottle regardless. It stopped at Kevin.

"Ooh! Kevin, truth or dare?" There was a glint of mischievousness in Jen's eyes, which clearly frightened everyone around her, as in us.

"Truth, because that look in your eyes is scaring me," Kevin confessed, gulping down his fright.

Jen smiled devilishly, somehow maintaining an innocent blaze in her eyes. "How many relationships have you been in since we broke up?" Silence. Kevin was silently but rapidly heating up, his cheeks red, and his eyes widened at her question. Jen raised an eyebrow. "Well?"

"Uh, n-none..." he stuttered.

Jen laughed in satisfaction, "Called it!"

Kevin spun the bottle, ignoring her comment. As if karma hit back, the bottle landed before Jen. The smirk on his face was mischievous, and Jen laughed nervously, knowing he was going to be ensuing revenge.

This'll be a long night...

~~~

"Sorry, I have to go the bathroom," I told the others. "Excuse me.."

So far, we progressed into the game by two notches. It was now very, very dangerous. VERY. Jen had to drink a shot of hot sauce, I had to admit my first crush ever (which, by the way, was a dumb kid at my elementary school), Kevin had to wear a bright pink bra, and Alex had to tie a small ponytail on the top of his head. Everything was chaos and madness. Jen nodded to me, and I stood up. Running upstairs, I entered the bathroom.

Why do I feel so dizzy?

I clutched my head, sitting on the toilet seat while looking at the mirror. I've never felt this dizzy before, and I was feeling fine earlier. The pounding didn't stop as I took in cold and deep breaths. I hadn't even done any dares yet. It hurts so much... Suddenly, my mind began racing of a distant past I had no memory of.

Crying.

I can hear someone crying. A little girl crying. She's screaming too, obviously mourning. Is she.. asking for help..? I can hear her in a hospital room.

I couldn't hear or see anyone else, so I decided to check on the room.

I strolled inside the white room, phasing through a door, and saw a little girl kneeling next to a bed. The bed supported a woman, lying on it with no heartbeat or warmth that was distinguishable. Wires were unplugged around her, around open wounds in her arms. She.. was dead. The girl had her arms crossed on the bed next to the woman's arm, which was holding her. She was clearly holding the child before her last breath.