SMUC 43

Yasmine Zehra Marquez

On a bright sunny day I feel lifeless and empty.

I didn't even get enough sleep last night.

When was the last time I enjoy my life?

I can't remember.

I was sitting on the bench in the park looking and searching for something.

Something that missing in my life.

The person that taught me how to be strong. The person that truly made me happy and tells me to enjoy life to the fullest.

And it's been a over a year from now

When she left me.

----------------
Flashback

"Yasmine!" I heard my best friend called me.

"Best! kanina ka pa nila hinihintay sa loob andito ka lang pala?" I turn from my side and saw the worried look on her face.

I sighed.

I'm not sure if I want to go back inside the hotel. My parents are there to talk about the engagement party of Richie and I.

Yes.

I accept his proposal that day.

A week ago in Benguet.

"Yasmine will you marry me?" I saw the pleading look at his eyes. He get down on one knee and asking me to spend the rest of my life with him.

I started to get nervous I don't why!

I looked around to find her. It's just that I wanted to see her.

Where is she? I needed her beside me.

"Say yes please" he pleads once more and now I'm feeling guilty.

Richie and I are dating for almost 8 months. I liked him the first time we met but I don't love him.

I don't know what got into me. But I can't refuse to him especially right in front of our families and the people around us.

Feeling pressured.

Feeling helpless.

I answered.

"Y-yes" then he immediately slips the ring to my finger.

"Yasmine okay ka lang?!" nagulat ako sa pag tapik ni Nich sa balikat ko. Nakalimutan ko na andito pala siya bigla na lang talaga naalala ko ang nangyare sa Benguet. Madalas sumagi sa isip ko ang nangyare sa birthday ko at sa proposal ni Richie.

"Oh! I.. I'm sorry.. what did you say again?" I know I looked terrible right now. Sa itsura ko ngayon parang hindi ako mukhang ikakasal.