1

L A U R E N

It was a Friday night it's finally the weekend and also summer just started so I am so glad about that. Downside is, My annoying brother starts to bring his friends over to the crib. Our parents always have business meetings so we were always home alone and shit but I didn't mind truthfully. I usually stay in my room when he has them over.

Tonight was as ordinary as always except I was on my laptop just typing away while listening to some music to get me in the zone. I've always loved writing so in my spare time I would type stories to myself. I have so many stories that I would love to post up but at the same time I don't want anyone plagiarizing my books because I would beat someone's ass if they do.

I began to get thirsty, so I paused my music taking off my headphones and getting out of my chair then all of sudden my phone vibrates and it was my stupid brother Luke. Once I saw his name over my phone screen I started to roll me eyes.

LUKE:

-Stop rolling your eyes, I can see it from downstairs... Anyways my niggas and I are hungry and thirsty can you make us some food and drinks?

LAUREN:

-Uhm do I look like a maid to you?

LUKE:

-Nah.. You look like a slave to me.

LAUREN:

- Wow, I ain't giving yall shit... I'm coming downstairs to get ME something to DRINK.

I scoffed at him as I hung up on him mid sentence. I swear he gets on my damn nerves. I finally left out of the room and headed downstairs to the kitchen, it was so damn loud because of those hyena's you call men in the living room.

"Aye Lauren get us something!" Luke demanded.

"Nah!" I said.

"Since I am a slave to you than I ain't giving you shit." I added.

"You take shit to the heart." Luke told me.

I just ignored him, I hate that I let him get under my skin and he's my brother... If he only knew why I am like that towards him.

"Aye leave your sister alone man, we are YOUR guest so you get us something Luke." Someone said.

He kissed his teeth causing me to laugh. I closed the refrigerator door and went into the living room.

"Um who said that to Luke?" I questioned.

All his friends looked up at me and I have to admit they were all fine and they all had the same facial expression when they saw me come into the room.

"I did!" This mystery guy raised his hand up.

"Thanks!" I said giving him a drink.

He grabbed the drink and our fingers brushed together causing him to look at me for a second as he smiled.

I gave him one more soft smile before I walked away and headed back upstairs going to my room, and I couldn't stop smiling for some reason.