CHAPTER 14

3 DAYS LATER…

y/n’s POV:

Trey was coming home today. I drove to pick him up at the airport. He told me that I had to be there at exactly at 9 pm, or else I’ll be in trouble.

So I came at 9, and waited for almost an hour before he showed up. He was walking out of the airport laughing with this other girl who I’ve never seen before. They looked pretty drunk to me.

I was still deciding whether to break up with him right away when he just got back.

Trey saw me waiting and hugged his friend goodbye. Did I see them kiss?

                “Hi, welcome back.” I said as he got in the car and I drove us off. He was holding a bottle of beer in one hand—not surprised.

                “Hey... Miss me?” he asked as if I was gonna say yes. But I really didn’t.

                “Yeah…” I lied. “So, um, you told me to come at 9 and I’ve been waiting here for almost an hour.”

                “Why didn’t you call then?”

                “I did. But you never answered.”

                “Oh… Whoops.” he said. I knew he didn’t care at all.

                “How was vacation?” I asked. I didn’t really bother to know, but it was something to keep the conversation alive.

                “Good.” he said shortly. I glanced at him waiting for more to the answer. He looked back at me. “What?”

                “Good? Is that all you have to say about your trip? You’re kind of sounding like you don’t want to talk to me.”

                He groaned. “I had a long flight and a huge headache. Give me some rest, ok? Is that too much to ask?” he snapped taking another sip of his beer.

                “You’re really drunk… again. Maybe, you should take a break from drinking for a while… It’s not that good for you.” I said reaching for his drink, but he slapped my hand away hard.

I lost control of the wheel for a second.

                “HEY! I don’t want you touching my beer any more than I want you telling me what to do! Got that?” he yelled at me.

                I get scared every time he yells at me. I grasped the wheel with both of my hands tightly to keep my emotions still. “It was just a suggestion…” I said softly. He looked at me and knew I was scared. But again, he didn’t care.

                “Stop being a smartass, y/n. You’re such a bitch.” He calls me that all the time. “I’m tired of it.”

                I was silent. “You’re not the only one…” I whispered quietly to myself. But he heard it.

                “What did you say?!” he snapped.

                “What? N-nothing. I didn’t say anything.” I responded in fear that he’d lose his temper. But he just sighed and kept drinking.

                “Forget you, y/n. I don’t have time for these games you play.”

                “I’m not playing any games.”