CHAPTER 26

I arrived at Selena’s house. I hope we’re not the only ones at home.

Of course I was wrong.

Selena opened the door. I expected her to be in sexy lingerie or something to seduce me, like she always does… but she just wore sweatpants and a t-shirt and had her hair up in a messy bun. Maybe I am underestimating her too much…

                “Hi, Justin! Come in, it’s freezing outside!”

               “Hey, Sel,” I said and went inside her heated home. Her house had a smell of warm coffee and hot chocolate and a girly scent, all mixed together.

                “Want a drink?”

                “Um, sure,” I said and sat down on her couch. I haven’t been inside her house since our break up. I guess we’re friends now. It’s the least I can do since she’s been so kind to y/n.

Selena came back with two cups of coffee.

                “So, how’s y/n?”

                “I think she should be getting better in a few weeks. She just had her surgery.”

                “Oh, how was it?”

Wow. Selena seems to care a lot about this. But I’m not gonna underestimate her.

                “It went well. Everything’s good right now.”

                “Oh, well make sure you tell her I said feel better!”

                “Ok, I will, but I think she pretty much got the message through your gift basket.”

                Selena giggled. “I know. I just really feel sorry for people who have been severely hurt and stuff like that. I just wish there was something I can do…” she said frowning at herself. “I mean, I’m not God, or a nurse or doctor. All I’ve done is break people’s hearts and be selfish…” she said, frowning.

Was she trying to make me feel sympathy towards her? Whether this was a trap or not, it worked.

                “Don’t be sad, Sel.” I said lifting up her chin. “You’ve been generous enough. And those problems we had, that’s been put behind us now, ok?”

                “But—“

                “Listen. Don’t feel bad. You’re perfect, just the way you are. Know that.”

                Selena smiled at me. “Thanks Justin, but I’m not perfect…”

                “Don’t say that.”

                “But it’s the truth…” she said looking at her lap.

                “No it’s not.”

                “I’m far from perfect, Justin. Why can’t you accept th—“

Then, I did something I was avoiding to do ever since I fell in love with y/n. I kissed Selena pretty damn hard on the lips. There was something that attracted me to her a lot, but I don’t know what.      

We made out on her couch. I got on top of her and sucked on the soft spot on her neck. She moaned, and it only made me want her more. I slid my hand under her shirt and felt her bra. I almost took her shirt off, but she stopped me.