CHAPTER 49

THE NEXT DAY…

9 pm.

Justin’s POV:

I was at home, alone. All of my friends were busy. I drove over to Demi and y/n’s place. I knew they were home because they never go anywhere on Thursdays after work.

                I knocked.

                “It’s open.” I heard Demi call out from inside.

                I stepped in.

                Demi was on the couch, with her mouth full of potato chips. She turned around. “Oh hey. ‘Sup?”

                “Nothin’.” I replied and flopped on the couch.

                Max was on the couch too. They were watching ‘The Avengers.’

                “What’s up, bro?”

                “Eh.” he shrugged.

                “Popcorn?” Demi passed the big bowl of popcorn.

                “Thanks.” I said taking it.

                “Help yourself.” she said, pointing to all of the junk food on her coffee table.

                I looked at Max, who was so focused on the movie. He was smiling a little. I guess it’s a good movie.

                “So, where’s y/n?” I whispered to Demi.

                “She’s out.”

                “Where?”

                “I dunno. She’s with her date.”

                “Date?” I asked, confused.

                “I’m assuming she didn’t tell you…”

                “No. I didn’t know y/n is seeing someone.”

                “Well, she and this guy are interested in each other and tonight is their first date.”

                “Who is he?”

                “Why are you asking so much?” said Demi, furrowing her eyebrows at me.

                I shrugged. “I just wanna know.”

                “Cameron Dallas. You don’t know him.”

                “What does he look like?”

                “Cute.”

                “How tall?”

                “I don’t know! Now, stop asking so I can watch the movie!” she snapped.

                I chuckled.

90 MINUTES LATER…

We were close to the end of the movie. Max, Demi, and I all heard the doorknob twist. y/n came home. She was dressed up and she looked… beautiful.

                “H-hey.” I said.

                “Oh, hi! I didn’t know you were here.”