CHAPTER 41

“Wonderful! Who will go first?” Eridessa said, pleased.

                Justin and I exchanged glances. “Um… I guess me.” I said, unsure.

                “Great! Come, follow me.” she as she led me into the backroom, leaving Justin alone in the shop. I turned around and looked at him right before I stepped inside the dark room. He smiled and gave me a ‘thumbs up’ for good luck. I weakly smiled back.

I entered the room. It was dark and had a mystical feeling, like a genie’s room or a place for gypsies. The room smelled of incense and blackberries. There was an orb on a small round table in the middle of the room. It was so mysterious. Should I be in here?

                “Have a seat,” Eridessa said.

                I sat down on the chair.

                “Please place your hand on the orb, and do not move it until I tell you so.”

                I nodded, and did as she instructed.

                “Relax, don’t be so tense.”

                I breathed and loosed my shoulders. I noticed a white fog starting to appear inside the large orb. Eridessa was staring at it, eyes wide in amazement. She motioned me to remove my hand. I stared at the smoke too. However, I could see nothing no matter how hard I concentrated.

                “Ah… interesting…” Eridessa mumbled.

                “What’s interesting?”

                She ignored my question. “Tell me, what is your zodiac sign?”

                “Um, (your zodiac sign),” I answered.

                Eridessa tapped the orb at some parts, slid her hand on it at some parts, and blew on it too. What in the world was she doing? I was puzzled.

                “I see… I see…” she said, concentrating. Her eyes were closed, her palms pressed against orb. “I see your life is revolved around love—your life is your journey to find your perfect lover. Not a dangerous journey, but it may be dangerous to your heart if you trust the wrong person… I see that you have already made that mistake, yes?”

                My heart hurt, thinking about Trey. “Y-yes…” I said shamefully.

                “But, don’t you fret. I can see that the one whom you shall marry will give you perfect happiness, serenity, and harmony.”

                I was happy. “Can you tell me who it is?”

                She shook her head. “I cannot. But, I will give you a hint. Your perfect lover can be standing right in front of you, and you might not even realize that that is the person you shall one day devote your life to.”

                I thought of Harry. We’ve been spending a lot of time together recently. Is he my perfect lover?

                “Can you at least describe him for me?” I asked.

                “Since you are so eager to know, you will find much beauty and commitment just by looking into his eyes. Look out for that.”

                I smiled. That was something to start with.

                “He may not be by your side at all times, but he is the one, and you may not even realize it…”