CHAPTER 34

The end of the day soon came. I was waiting for Justin like always. It was our thing now.

                “Um, y/n, you can go home now if you want.”

He never said that to me, except for the very first time I waited for him.

                I thought about it. “Justin, are you mad at me?”

                “No,”

                “Yes, you are,”

                “Why would I be mad?” he said in a monotone voice.

                “That I’m not… as available anymore,”

                No reply.

                I put a hand on his shoulder. “Justin, please don’t be upset,”

                “I’m not upset,” he mumbled.

                “Justin—“

                “I’m not upset,” he said, getting frustrated.

                “Then talk to me like normal. Why are you so grumpy all of a sudden?”

                “y/n! Just drop it! You’re so annoying right now, damn!” he yelled at me. His eyes looked so unkind and unfamiliar.

                I was shocked and frightened a little. I took a step back. I bit my lip to keep my emotions still. My eyes swelled up. I quickly turned around with my back facing him so he wouldn’t see me cry. I got my bag, and opened the door to leave quickly.

                “Wait, y/n! Come back! I’m sorry! I didn’t mean it!” he called behind me. I heard his footsteps getting louder and louder. I glanced behind me, and he was running after me. I picked up my feet and ran as fast as I could to my car, but he caught me in the middle of the vacant parking lot.

                “y/n, stop!” he said.

                I was struggling and squirming to get out of his grasp. “Go away!” I cried.

                “y/n, I’m sorry! Please listen to me!” he said, trying to get my attention.

He turned me around, getting a hold of my shoulders. I couldn’t move. I dropped my head, because even though he could hear me crying, I didn’t want him to see me crying. He sighed and hugged me tightly.

                “y/n, I am so, incredibly sorry. I didn’t mean to yell at you or hurt your feelings. I didn’t mean anything I said,”

                I didn’t respond, just quietly wept into his chest.

We were two people, hugging in the empty parking lot.

He pulled back and looked into my eyes. I looked into his, and there was the kind, friendly Justin I knew.

                He wiped away my tears. “Will you please come back to the studio with me?”

                I looked at the ground. “I-I don’t think—“

                “y/n, please?” he was begging me, making cute faces.

                I held back my smile and wiped my puffy eyes, and hesitantly nodded.

                He smiled and hugged me again, and walked me back inside.