CHAPTER 21

Justin’s POV:

The doctors and nurses came back and said that it’s time for y/n to sleep and that we should leave the room. I was still holding y/n’s hand. She gripped it tight. I didn’t want to let go, and neither did she.

                I looked at her. “I’ll be back first thing tomorrow morning, I promise.”

She smiled at me widely.

                “Us too,” Demi and Max said.

We stood up and hugged her goodbye and left the room. I looked at y/n one last time and I the door shut behind us.

Dr. Stevens and Dr. Kelly stepped out to the hallway with us. We were joined by Marc Rogers and his investigation team seconds later. They took us to a small private room in the hospital and discussed the incident all together for further research.

                “So have you thought about surgery for y/n yet?” Dr. Stevens asked writing on his clipboard.

                “Um… We’re not completely sur—“ Demi began.

                “Yes.” I said.

                “Yes?” Dr. Stevens reassured.

                “Yes. We’ll do the surgery for y/n. Whatever it takes.” I said.

                Demi looked at me and whispered. “Justin, are you 100% sure about this?”

                “I’ve never been surer in my life.” I said. Demi smiled.

                “So are we clear here?” Dr. Stevens asked. Demi and I nodded.

For the rest of the night, we just talked to the doctors, researchers, and investigators. We told them what we know and they told us what they know. They talked to y/n’s mom and contacted other close people.

                Investigator Marc Rogers stood up and left the room for a phone call. “Excuse me.” he said.

                Dr. Kelly turned to us. “Have you contacted everybody about this incident? Get them informed? If not, I suggest you do that now.”

Demi and I nodded and they left us alone to give us time for a few phone calls. Demi called Bruno, Phil, Fredo, and most of y/n’s other friends.

Demi put Bruno on speaker. Bruno sounded terrified and stressed when Demi explained. I don’t blame him.

                “She’s like my lil’ sister man!” Bruno said groaning. “How the fuck could this happen…” he muttered.

                “But she’s ok. She’s in the hospital. Justin’s paying for a surgery. That surgery is going to save her life!” Demi said.

                Bruno sighed of relief. “Tell him I said thank you. Thank you, so so so much.” Bruno said laughing in relief. “Listen, I want you, Justin, and everybody else to check on her 24/7 alright? y/n’s mom put me in charge of her and this happened. I feel terrible.”

                “It’s not your fault. You know that. It’s nobody’s fault.”

                “I can seriously kill that fuckin’ boyfriend right now, arghhh!!!”

                “Bruno, calm down. She’ll be fine. We don’t need to focus on Trey. y/n’s the one who needs our attention the most right now. That’s all we can do.”

                “You’re right. Keep an eye out for her for her me, ok? I want y/n safe until I get back from tour.”

                “Yes, definitely,” Demi said and the call ended.

Marc Rogers came back in the room just as Demi ended the call.

                “That was the police and my team.” he said referring the phone call earlier. “They caught Trey.”

Demi smiled widely. I sighed in relief.

                “Thank god! Where was he?” Demi asked.

                “Turns out his car broke down near the freeway exit leaving Los Angeles. Tried to run away, but he couldn’t. He’s being taken to the police station as we speak. Serves him well for DUI and abuse.” he said.

                “Thank you so much.” I said.

                Rogers nodded and smiled. “It’s our job. That’s what we do.”

                “How long will he be in jail?” Demi asked.

                “A pretty long time, about 6 to 7 years. We’ll make sure he won’t harm anyone else from now on. Just be careful, alright?”

Demi, Max, and I nodded. We shook hands with everybody and said goodbye.

It’s time to call it a day.