CHAPTER 48

THE NEXT DAY…

y/n’s POV:

I’m getting a call from Demi.

                “Hello?” I answered.

                “Are you here yet?” she asked.

                “I’m about to leave.”

                “Good. What are you wearing?”

                “Um,” I looked down at my outfit. “a purple top, tan cardigan, jeans, and Vans.”

                “Hmm… Switch the Vans for a pair of cute flats.”

                “What’s wrong with Vans?”

                “They’re just not girly enough. We’re trying to get guys here, y/n!”

                “Fine. For your information, I’m not gonna take these guys seriously though.”

                “Just try. Maybe there’ll be one you like!”

                “I doubt it.”

                “Don’t be so negative. Guys don’t like that.”

                I laughed and hung up.

Later, I arrived at the Olive Garden. I parked my car and walked inside.

                The lady at the counter came over to me and greeted me. “Hello, are you y/n yl/n?”

                “Yes?” I said. I didn’t know why she was asking me.

                “Your friend, Demi, reserved a private room for you. Come with me.” she said, and led me to the back of the restaurant. “Through those doors, please. Enjoy, and good luck.” she said.

                I blushed. How awkward… “Thanks.”

I walked inside the room. It was like a VIP dining room. Inside stood Demi and three guys. Not bad looking. Demi saw me coming and rushed towards me.

                “Yay! You’re here!”

                “Yup… Let’s just get this over with…” I groaned.

                “Fine, fine, fine. This will be fun though, I promise! I talked to them, and they’re pretty cool!”

                “But I only want to be with—“

                “Hey! You need to get Justin outta your head this evening.”

                “I’ll try.”

                “Ok, so here’s how it’s gonna work. You’re gonna sit here, and just talk to them and get to know them. If you don’t like them, just say you’re sorry and they’ll leave. No hard feelings. If you do, hopefully, like one of them, keep talking them. This will be very quick. You have a maximum of 10 minutes per guy, then comes the next one.”

                I nodded. “Got it. And where’d you find these people anyways?”

                “They’re from the business, my management. I picked the best singles for you!”