CHAPTER 42

ONE WEEK LATER…

Demi, Max, and I were eating dinner.

                “Ahem, guys, I have something I need to tell you. It’s kinda bad…” Demi said.

                “What is it?” Max asked.

                “Your house, the one that’s been investigated for the past few months,”

                “What about it?” I asked.

                Demi hesitated. “You can’t stay there anymore.”

                “What do you mean?” 

                “You can’t stay in that house anymore. Since your mom’s still in France, no one’s been paying the house. I’m afraid you have to move out.”

                “Where’s our stuff then?” Max asked.

                “Your valuables will be locked in a vault in the bank. But other things have been sold.”

                “They just did that? Without our permission?”        

                “Actually, they sent a letter a week ago. They also sent the letter to your mom all the way in France.”

                “I never got any letter…”

                “Well, it was sent to my apartment. You haven’t been home lately so I never got the chance to give it to you. But, your mom did receive the letter. She granted the city permission to sell the house.”

                I grew angry. “O-our mom just… sold the house? Did she even think about where me and Max were gonna live?! It’s like she’s abandoned us!” I was almost to the point of tears.

                Demi tried to calm me down. “You’re gonna live here with me.”

                “W-what?”

                “She called me, and asked me if you and Max can live here with me. Officially.”

                “And?” Max asked.

                “Of course I said ‘yes’,” Demi said with a hug.

                I smiled. “Thank you. I know we can always count on you,”

                “Yeah, thanks Demi!” Max said with a smile.

                “Anytime. I couldn’t just let you guys live out in the streets!” Demi replied.

THE NEXT DAY…

Harry’s POV:

Someone knocked on my hotel door. It was y/n.

                “Hello, beautiful,”

                She giggled and pecked my lips. “Your accent never gets old,”

                “So where did you say you were taking me today?”

                “The fortune teller that Justin and I went to! I don’t know if what she says is true, but it sounds convincing! You have to go see her!”