one

Becca's POV

Right about now, I'm absolutely exhausted. I don't even know why, I just literally feel drained. I sigh as I recover my body in my warm comforter and close my eyes.

As soon as I get comfortable, I hear a noise.  My luck. I opened my eyes slowly and turned to the door.

It was my best friend, Victoria, probably forcing me out of bed to go shopping with her. I groaned covering myself with the blankets. She chuckled, "what? You don't want to see me?" She jumps onto the bed and I roll over to face her.

"I want to sleep, Vic, I feel exhausted." I mumble as she sighs, "alright, I guess we don't have to go to that new brunch place I just made reservations for."

"You did what?!" I gasp, Vic knows I've been dying to go there. "We have reservations in a half hour, get your butt out of bed."

"Alright, alright I'm up!" I breathe out looking at myself in the mirror, my brown hair twisted into a messy bun. "God I'm such a bum."

***

"So how are you and Wesley?" I ask Vic taking a bite of my brunch, damn this was good. "We're good, it's different now that we are both out of college," she shrugs and I furrow my eyebrows.

"How so?" I ask her, she half smiles before telling me he's thinking of buying a place for her but she's doesn't think she's ready for that commitment.

"I get it- you don't know what you want yet- it must be hard." She nods before changing the subject, we looked up at the television playing the news.

"They're talking about Shawn, once again." I sigh taking a sip of my water, reading the headline.

Shawn has a girlfriend.

"I'm sorry, Becca." Vic says sincere, then grabs a blueberry off my dish. "It's, uh it's fine, we were never like that anyway." I always tell myself, even though I know we were so much more.

Victoria knows it too.

"It also could be fake yanno, publicity and stuff." Vic tries to cheer me up, I'm fine though. I always am.

Shawn and I were best friends since the second grade, we were inseparable. Some would say we would start dating one day. It gotten to the point where we were both young and confused, he started his YouTube channel and I was going to college and I guess you could tell how the rest played out.

Man, I was pissed at him for the longest time, then I started seeing how well he was doing and I just missed that smile.

"I don't care, Victoria, it's alright. I swear." I playfully roll my eyes, taking one last glance at Shawn on the news, I did miss him a lot but he's happy now and I should be too.

At least I think he is.

Shawn's POV

"Fuck!" I groan smashing my fists on the marble counter top.

"Shawn, this has been your third headline in the last two weeks, and not one of them was good." Bree says handing me another newspaper.

"I'm fucking screwed." I throw the article in the trash bin before joining my friend on the couch.

"This is what happens when you don't take my advice, Shawn." Her brown eyes dart back at me, I sigh flipping through the channels on tv, I finally settle on an episode of The Simpsons.

"Forget it, Bree." I say and she raises an eyebrow. "There's something you're not telling me," she grins and I scoff. "No, chill out."

"You like a girl, don't you?" She jumps up and down and I laugh. "That's why you've been fucking up! You're trying to get this girl out of your head. Oh damn, Shawn."

"No I don't like a girl, Bree. Quit looking at me like that." I chuckle, "tell me her name."

"There's no girl, I assure you that. I don't need anymore drama and those fucking tabloids."

"I don't believe you," she says kicking her white converse off her feet and starts jumping on the couch.

"Sucks," I stick my tongue out at her and she throws a pillow at me. "When was the last time you spoke to your mother, she probably has heard these rumors."

"I don't know- what about you?! Talk to your mum recently?" I say in defense and she rolls her eyes. "My mother doesn't need to know what I've been up to- stop trying to change the subject- I'm not dumb. Tell me about this girl."

"I dunno, I'm just thinking about my old life before this, I ruined a lot of shit and it's been fucking with me the last couple days."

"OH! Your old friends, Becca and Victoria right? And Wesley!" Bree grins at me and I roll my eyes. 

"No, I haven't thought of them in a while," I say making a face at her. "You're a bad liar- I now know why there's so much shit with you right now."

***

I spent majority of the night wide awake, my mind in a whirlwind of negative thoughts regardless of everything good in my life right now.

I've been complaining about random shit and taking advantage of my fame. Bree sees it now and I feel bad I'm concerning so many people.

Management is on my ass right now, those pictures of me leaving the club are taking over TMZ and newspapers. How the hell did this happen?

Karma? Probably.

I contemplate getting out of bed for like five minutes until I eventually do and enter the washroom. Should I shower? It's pretty early, but I make my own rules.

This is my own place, I can sing as loud as I want, whenever I wanted too anyway. I shuffled my music and hopped in the shower listening to an old song I used to sing to my old friend, Becca.

She loved this song so much and as much as I didn't want to admit it- I missed my old life. It's like I'm trapped, I have no privacy anymore.

I've been finding myself missing Becca lately. Her smile has been playing in my head over and over the last couple days. Her birthday is in a few weeks.

Maybe I'll say happy birthday to her. She probably hates me after I left her all alone. We used to be inseparable, I loved her but she's probably happier without me. Right?