nine

Shawn's POV

I absolutely hated the idea of leaving Becca tonight but I have to go back to on tour.

Management is already up my ass all the damn time and I just want all this to end. Becca loves me, she's truly in love with me and it amazes me after everything I put her through, we are managing to make it work again.

The time zones don't really bother me anymore because I'm usually traveling but for some reason my mind is flooded with thoughts and I cannot sleep.

I turn to face Becca in the other bed. She was sleeping peacefully, every breath she took was so pure. We got Hanna her own room- I felt bad for her. The other day her boyfriend found out she was leaving him and he was furious, yelling on the phone, Hanna was crying. Becca was there for her, Becca's sweet like that. I'm glad they found each other this trip.

Hanna doesn't deserve any of this. I'm sure Becca and her will continue to get close.

I watch Becca's chest rise and fall with every breath, she was effortlessly perfect. I smiled as she turned to face my side of the room, she was still asleep and I couldn't help but laugh to myself.

I got up from the bed quietly so I wouldn't wake sleeping beauty and cover her up in another blanket. I haven't been able to sleep and it's currently 8 in the morning.

The sunrise peaking in from the window was absolutely beautiful. Spending the last couple days with Becca was fucking amazing.

I'm so in love with her it's not even funny. I feel happier, I am so high on this feeling and I don't want it to end. "Shawn? Were you watching me sleep?" Becca says, bringing my back to my thoughts. "What? Nah, I just got up to cover you in another blanket. I couldn't sleep and saw you were shivering." I lie a bit, she laughs into a yawn.

"Yeah, according to physiological facts, the inability to fall sleep could be do to you being awake in another's dream." She giggles throwing a pillow at me.

"Are you smarty pants, implying you were dreaming about me?" I mock and she throws a pillow at me. "You set yourself up on that one," I tease her.

"Come over here." She sleepily says and I grin jumping down on the bed next to her.

We were facing each other, looking into each other's eyes. Feelings the sparks fly everywhere. I can't believe this is the Becca I've known for years. "You just wake up and accuse me of watching you sleep, then you go all brains on me and now you're lying your head on my shoulder and falling back asleep." I flirt and her cheeks redden.

The hotel room was now full of light, Hawaii was calling us up on our last day to spend together. Our hotel room was a mess to be honest. Becca had clothes she bought everywhere, take out boxes were left on the counter and the bathroom was filled with her new makeup and my clothes.

"In your dreams Mendes, I'm falling asleep!" She yawns again, kicking her legs off the bed. "I'm ready for today! Just gotta get up." she giggles then yawns once again and rubs her eyes.

I chuckle as she contemplates getting up. She's so cute and I just wanna kiss her already. Every damn time we've tried to kiss- we'd get either interrupted by a phone, literally splashed on at the beach or one of us being oblivious towards the mood.

I mean, I want our first real kiss to be the kiss she never forgets about. She told me she wanted to be with me and I'm ready for this adventure with her. We used to kiss a lot back then. "Shawn, why don't we just lay here for a minute?" She says resting her head on my chest and I smile wrapping my arms around her.

Becca looks up at me and I raise an eyebrow, "you comfy?" I joke and she giggles, revealing those dimples. Years and years of memories rushed through in my head and I smiled kissing her forehead.

Becca's POV

I wrap my arms around Shawn, feeling the tears slowly collide with my rosy cheeks. I hate this. I fucking hate goodbyes. 

He leans in for a kiss but I pull away from his embrace. 

"What? I don't get a kiss, baby?" He smiles grabbing my waist and pulling my body towards his. 

"Mm, nope.  I don't think I'll be able to let you go if we do," I admit and it's the truth. I might just start sobbing right here, right now. 

"Cmon, baby girl, what's the problem?" Shawn leans forward and attempts to kiss me again but I swat him away. The names he's giving me are making me crave him more. He pouts as he interlaces our fingers.

"The problem is," I said as he breathed out, "if I kissed you, I don't think I'd be able to stop." I look up at him as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"Baby let me love you goodbye," he whispers in my ear and I shiver as my heart races.

"No, I love you Shawn. Stay safe, okay?" I force a smile and he sighs, nodding. 

"I love you," he hugs me one last time. I guess this is goodbye.. for now.

--1 month later--

Shawn's POV

"Bree! Holy shit holy shit holy shit!" I scream into the phone and she laughs. "Mendes, I'm gonna go deaf if you keep it up."

"I'm so happy, Bree. She's coming tonight! Becca is coming on tour with me."

"I know Shawn, I'm happy for you." She sighs and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, we're on FaceTime and she looks sad. "Bree, what is it? Why are you sad?" I ask her, she pouts before saying, "it's nothing- Matthew and I just got into an argument and he-"

"He'll be back, Bree. He loves you. Don't stress it." I assure her and she half smiles. "I'll see you soon Shawn, go get your girl." She smiles before ending the call.