twenty nine

Becca's POV

"What happened to us, Becca?" Shawn walks over to me, his voice broken and I couldn't look up at him. I sighed and felt a tear roll down my face, Shawn cupped my face and took my chin in his hands. "Becca? Are you listening? What happened!" We stare right at each other, I couldn't do this. I shoved him away from me and sat on his bed.

"We used to be happy, Becca! We had so much fun growing up. You want to throw that all away now?"

"Shawn, I-"

"What? You're gonna say you love him." He breathes out, he was so close to me and I couldn't breathe. I honestly don't know what to do or what to say.

Shawn and I used to be those two who got in trouble for talking so much in class. We used to go to family parties and dance the night away. We grew up in a world so much different than how we are now. We used to be happy.

"Shawn, we aren't good for each other anymore, I am happy with him. You have destroyed every piece of me and I'm trying to fix all the broken pieces but you- you don't even mean to hurt me yet you keep tearing me apart. We can't do this anymore. I'm happy with him, but I-"

"But you're still in love with me?" We look up at each other, tears stained both of our cheeks as the unveiling truth has torn us to shreds, why do we keep lying to each other?

"No, I've moved on. I don't even remember the last time we kissed." My voice is strong, but unconfident at the same time. "You're driving me insane. You're driving me fucking insane, do you realize that?" His voice cracks and he closes his eyes, I shrug never taking my eyes off of him. His mood is changing. I can tell he's getting angry. I know him, I know Shawn and I know that I still do love him, even though I keep denying it.

And as he's pacing back and forth in the bedroom we've grown up in, I just don't know what to do anymore. "You wanna say you don't wanna be with me anymore, Becca? You wanna say that you're unhappy," he glares at me and walks my way again.

"Fine. Do it, tell the whole world how much of an asshole I am. But I know that you'll never say that you don't love me." He stands me up and takes ahold of my hand. I let him.

I tried to speak but nothing was coming out, Shawn's skin in contact with mine was taking control. "Becca, look me in the eyes and tell me you're not in love with me and I will leave." He continues, still holding me up and I just wanted to end this right now and fall into his arms that possess this touch that words can't even explain.

"I don't love you," I managed to say.

His brown eyes darkened with anger, looking into mine. With every inch of strength I had I pushed him off of me only to be pushed against the wall.

Great, Becca, great.

"But you're in love with me," he whispers pinning my hands above my head and my legs got weak. "N-no, no I'm not." I stutter, getting lost in his eyes and looking at his lips.

"The way you're looking at me is telling me otherwise," he smirks and my eyes widen before he smashes his lips into mine.

Right about now, I'm absolutely exhausted. I don't even know why, I just literally feel drained. I sigh as I recover my body in my warm comforter and close my eyes.

As soon as I get comfortable, I hear a noise. My luck. I opened my eyes slowly and turned to the door. (remember this kinda from the first chapter)

It was Shawn holding our giggly child, I groaned covering myself with the blankets. He chuckled, "What? You don't want to see us?" He sets Sydney down in her bassinet and jumps onto the bed and I roll over to face him.

"I want to sleep, Shawn, I feel exhausted." I mumble as he brings me closer to him. My cheeks flush as he kissed my forehead. "Okay I'll come rest with you, lemme change."

"No no, you go out- I know you wanted to see Aaliyah and everybody. I'm gonna stay home."

"Are you sure? I feel like you're coming down with something? Come here let me take your temperature." He puts his palm on my forehead and I giggle, he's so old school.

"I'm the doctor here, babe."

"You seem fine darling, I'll stay with you if you want," he says and I shrug. "I want to sleep," I scrunch my face and he smiles.

"Let me sleep with you,"

"Noooo," I yawn and he playfully rolls his eyes. "Well, I'm staying home. I'll watch the baby sleep or something," he says and I laugh.

"Yeah- you go do that-" I stick my tongue out and he chuckles. "See you later sleepyhead." He says before closing the door.

Finally, I can rest.

****

"Shawn I am trying to sleep!" I turn to face the television, Shawn is playing PlayStation at the end of our bed which woke me up.

"You've been out for like two and a half hours,babe." Shawn says concentrated on his game. "Still not enough!" I groan and throw a pillow at him.

"Fine," he makes an angry face and turns the game system off. "Thank you, now leave!" I say and he laughs. "Nope!" He jumps next to me on the bed.

"Fine," I say just like he just did and then turn to face him. We look at each other for a bit before laughter kicks in the both of us.

"You're so cute when you laugh," he tells me and I blush looking away. Moments after he cups me cheeks and I kiss his lip. The kiss was soft and left me breathless.

Shawn then rolls us both over and I can't stop giggling. He winds up on top of me and kisses and kisses me.

"Shawn," I giggle again as we part from the kiss. "I love you," he tells me as we stare into each other's eyes. I feel my cheeks heat up before telling me how much I loved him back.

Shawn's POV

"Aunt Aaliyah is here! To watch Sydney! Bye bye mom and dad!" My sister walks into my house and skips towards me on the couch with my guitar in my hand with my lose papers everywhere and my journal thrown on the other side of the room.

I've been writing new music, I'm just worried that if I release new music then I'm gonna have to tour soon and I don't want to leave Becca and Sydney. Especially now because we are getting married.

"Aunt Aaliyah sounds weird," I tell her and she frowns. "What about aunt Lee Lee? Get it? Aali- yah? Lee lee?"

"Yes I get it, you're insane."

"Oh shush, I'm only 4 years younger than you." She crosses her arms as she takes a seat next to me, looking through the scattered papers. "You gotta go help Becca, she's about to lose her shit!" I whisper and grin as my sister looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Help her? I should help you organize your whole life right here, you messy Mendes." She jokes and I make a face at her.

"Is she trying to plan the wedding?" She raises an eyebrow in amuse and I burst out laughing. "She's gonna kill me," I tell her and Aaliyah shrugs.

"I'd kill you too, probably not for the same reasons but."

"Aw thanks, sis."