tweleve

Becca's POV

I woke up to a loud bang only to find out it was just my father slamming the door. Did I oversleep? I turn to my alarm, I didn't. It was 5:30 am. I groan and slowly drag myself out of bed.

School starts at 8:05 and I usually get there by 7:20 just so I could leave my parents alone. I usually do my morning routine which involves me doing my hair, makeup all while managing to search for a decent outfit as my parents are fighting in their bedroom after I shower till the water turns cold.

When I'm done, I go downstairs and do the dishes for my old folks. (The ones that are usually left dirty in the sink because they were arguing and didn't have a chance to do them the night before.)

Then, I eat breakfast and watch the news. During the first commercial run I usually text Shawn. He hates my new morning routine but whatever, recently he's been hanging out with these guys and I don't really mind. I can walk to school - it's no biggie.

And now, I'm walking into school with my binder in my hand and my earphones in my ears blasting music. Finally, I'm alone. I smile at my teacher as he holds the door for me. And then suddenly I was taken from my thoughts when someone wraps their arms around me and spins me around into a hug.

Shawn.

"Hey, what are you doing here so early?" I ask him and he shrugs as we walk to the cafeteria. "We never talk in the mornings anymore." He tells me and I laugh. "We have 2nd period together,"

"Yeah but you sit on the other side of the room and I talk to all the guys." He says and I nod up to that one. I don't think Shawn and I have had one decent conversation at school in the last month.

Speaking of them, I see two guys of Shawn's little squad approach us. What the hell are they doing here so early?

As they sat at the table with Shawn and I, I became distant and put my headphones back on so I wouldn't be able to hear them talking about whatever boys talk about.

"Hey, Becca, I'm gonna go over there with all the guys, is that alright? I'll see ya soon." He says and walks away before I could even process things.

Wow okay, Shawn, it's cool.

I nod at him even though he was already gone, walking away. Shawn, when did everything become all about yourself?

I lay awake in the bunk trying to put everything together. Why does Shawn care if I think he's selfish. He isn't selfish at all. He loves me and does everything in his power to make me happy. He sometimes gets overwhelmed with all the media, but I love him and he shouldn't be so insecure.

I remember the first time I inspired him to write a song. We were 15 and I was head over heels with the thought of us together.

It was a Friday night and Brian was sleeping over my place, which never happens. "I'm bored," I tell him and he makes a face. "Wanna go out?" He suggests and I sigh. "Where? It's always the same thing in this boring ass town."

"I guess it's one of those nights," Shawn replied and I look at him and grin. He looks at me back and it just feels as if time has stopped, and it was just me and him.

Gosh, Becca, what's gotten into you?

"Alrighty then, if you two wanna do something other than stare at each other, let me know." Brian says brining me back to consciousness. I chuckle then look away.

"We could take the train into the city and walk around a bit until we figure something out." Shawn says, his eyes focused on me and I can't help but look right back at him.

"It's too cold, what if we have a dance party?" I grin and Brian gets up and walks over to the stereo to plug in his phone. The light breeze caused me to shiver so I grabbed my hoodie and stood up. "Lets dance in the dark, have the time of our lives, one of those nights."

"Your parents are gonna think we're drunk." Shawn jokes and I playfully roll my eyes, "they wouldn't care either way, cmon lets dance." I say dancing over to Shawn. "I love this song," I giggle. "I know you do." Shawn says trying to dance.

"You guys are rubbish at dancing- ya know." I tell them and they laugh. "Yeah sorry B, we're not an amazing dancer like you are." Brian jokes and Shawn spins me as the beat becomes slow.

"You're so cute," Shawn says and I smile as he reaches out for my hand again. "This is perfect. Dancing in the stars, the whole world is ours." I say looking up at the sky.

"Shawn. Shawn, wake up," I gently jump into the small bunk that he's in and he jumps and we both hit our heads.

I laughed but Shawn groaned. "Becca, what?" He mumbles, obviously annoyed I woke him and my smile turns into a frown. "I wanted to talk to you about what happened earlier. But fuck that," I turn to get up but he grabs my arm.

"Wait," he says and I roll my eyes taking my arm back. "If you wanna hear me out, don't be a total dick about it." I sigh walking to the front of the tour bus where the couch was.

"We better not wake Bree up, she'll get angry." Shawn says and sits next to me. "I'm already awake. And angry. Becca was talking in her sleep and it woke me up." She says and my cheeks heat up.

"No I didn't- no way!" I cover my face and they both laugh. "Anyway, time to watch the Shawn and Becca show." Bree jokes and Shawn sighs. "No- I was just gonna tell Shawn I didn't think he was selfish. I was thinking and thinking all night. Trying not to come up with some stupid fucking science fact like I always do." I admit and Shawn laughs.

"Wait wait- you woke us both up because you were scared I was mad at you?" Shawn says and I run my fingers through my hair. "Ummm, well yeah." I reply and they both laugh. "Becca, get used to Shawn's mood swings on tour." Bree tells me and Shawn nods. "Baby, its fine. I just get a little fucked up and insecure once and a while." Shawn continues and I breathe out.

"Becca, relax. I was pissed off earlier but I realized it was my fault and you know how I get when I start apologizing for you after everything," he laughs and plays with his hair, trying to play it cool. "Yeah- I get it. It's just-" I'm interrupted when a pair of lips were placed on mine.

I giggle and kiss him back and he wraps his arms around my waist. "Woah- okay Shawn and Becca show getting a little PG- 13." Bree laughs tackling the two of us.

I'm happier here.