twenty seven

Becca's POV

"I don't know guys, my dad wouldn't like this." I shrug unlocking my phone to block my friends out. They keep mentioning getting out of town for the weekend, looking at cheap hotels and whatever they can do as they try to escape this town's reality.

"Since when do you care what your father thinks?" Victoria says taking a sip of her soda, I look over at Brian for help and he sighs. "It's stuff you guys won't understand." Brian tells them and I go back to my phone looking at old pictures of our group of friends.

Shawn was playing the guitar, he's so good at it and it's the only thing calming me down right now. I looked over at him and smiled.

"Alright," Victoria rolls her eyes and I scoff. "What?" I furrow my eyebrows looking at my best friend. "You have something on your mind, Victoria?"

"Nothing, just wondering why our plans have to revolve around your problems," she scoffs and I turn to look at Shawn who's trying to do everything but be in this conversation.

First of all we are 16, what could we possibly do in the city besides walk around? We always do that. Maybe if she asked how I was feeling once and a while she'd understand why I don't want to go.

"We can get fakes!" Shawn buds in and we all look at him, it's a bad idea but they all love it.

"What are you talking about? I thought we were only going because you and Wesley were gonna hook up and kick everyone out of the room."

"Oooh," everyone said and I rolled my eyes. "Here we go again, Becca always needs the last word."

"Guys, enough." Wesley says, the faint red in his cheeks gave out what I said was obviously true whether they wanted to admit that or not.

"You're such a bitch,"

"Takes one to know one." I cross my arms and look at Vic. For the last couple months we all have been arguing, Victoria and I especially and it really hurts knowing the only person you trust with everything is turning on you.

"Rebecca, you don't have to come then, we don't care about your daddy issues." Wesley says and everyone turned to him.

"Wesley, shut the fuck up- you don't know anything- not one of you. You never ask, you just assume and pick fights." Brian says looking Wes right in the face, I looked at Shawn and he looked away.

Great.

"You just wanted to say that to defend the girl you like, talk bad all you want; it'll never bother me." I get up and go to Brian's entryway.

"Wait, Becca." Shawn runs up to me outside, closing the door behind us. "What now, Shawn?"

"You're not a bitch, what Vic and Wes said was fucked up-"

"Shawn, I'm leaving." I shrug turning around and walking home. "You're going the wrong way." he says and I ignored him.

"What happened Becca? What happened to us and everything we've been through, you want to throw away all those memories just because you're having trouble finding yourself?" Shawn caught up to me, I looked down remembering all the times of us together, I loved him and all my friends but I can't breathe.

"You don't understand, Shawn." He grabs my hand and I squeeze his really tight. "Please help me understand."

"You never ask how I am anymore, you never come over and quite frankly I'm too much of an annoyance for you all." I push his arm off my shoulder and he stares at the ground as I looked right at him.