twenty five

Instagram live: rebeccaaa13

I took a breath as I tapped my phone screen, suddenly it lit up and notified me that I was live streaming on Instagram. "Alright," I softly say as I see many people's likes and comments flood my screen.

I looked over at Shawn sitting across from me on the couch. He smiled and nodded at me. "Hello everyone!" I smile as I look at myself in the camera "I don't really do these things and you're all probably shocked I brought all my communications back but there's been a lot of a- an um," I push my hair behind my ear before continuing. "My names been in and out of everyone's mouths for no reason and I'm not saying that it's horrible but it isn't great either."

I look down at the comments, "some of you may think I'm a horrible person and that Shawn and I broke up. But that's not the truth."

"You know Shawn as your idol, your hero and the boy who writes the songs you all wanna hear and the kid who came from Vine who now puts on breathtakingly amazing shows." I smile up looking at him and see his cheeks redden.

"And that's amazing." I nod looking at the ground before I get ready to go deep on the thousands of people watching and listening. "I know 'Shawn Mendes' as the first person to ever talk to me in the 2nd grade other than my cousin." I giggle as people start sending me hearts. "My best friend, someone I could trust. Someone I loved more than just a friend and it got to the point where we were young and dumb and made our best mistakes. Shawn is the love of my life and I'd never be able to string any words together to explain how amazing and pure of a person he is."

"But other people, nasty people in suits and blazers have been manipulating my opinions and yours. I guess, in a way, they put out that Shawn's a cheater or he's a selfish inconsiderate teenager just so they can get you all talking and talking." I say into the camera honestly. "Because they know you all, not you guys in particular, but the whole world, we're all disconnected from reality and are brainwashed to believe everything we see on this corrupting piece of glass and metal." I hold up my phone and play with it.

"Maybe it's time we all break up from our phones and this joke of a society - before it gets all worse." I put my phone down and take a breath as I scan the comments. "Shawn and I are together. We never split..."

Shawn tiptoes across the room and crawls down behind the couch I was sitting on. "Yeah we never split." He says tacking me with tickles which leaves me laughing and thousands of hearts and comments were on my screen we couldn't even see us two. "And if you guys leave this livestream you can see that I knocked her up too!" He says and suddenly he clicks Instagram and posts a picture of us two.

SAVAGE

"Shawn! That's not how I wanted to tell them!" I cover my mouth from laughing and look at the floor. "That's how I did, baby!" He chuckles and kisses my cheek.

After our livestream, Shawn and I deactivated all of our social media and powered down our cellphones. "Holy shit, we just did that." Shawn says, his eyes staring into mine and in that moment I felt something indescribable, something I've never felt before.

This is how love is supposed to feel.

"We're starting a fucking family!" I jump into his arms and he spins us and I just hold on so tight. Our hearts beating in sync as he just holds me in his arms.

"You wanna dance?" He says into my hair as he sways us back and forth and I giggle into his shoulder. "Yes," I say as he safely brings me down to the floor bringing his hands to my waist as we dance the night away.