thirty three

Becca's POV

"Why does this hurt so fucking much?" I look into the mirror and wipe away the mascara staining my cheeks. "Because you allow him to, B. You allow Shawn to hurt you over and over." Victoria says to me, pulling my in a hug.

"He was supposed to love me, he promised he'd never leave me!" I break down in my best friends' arms. I just don't know what to do anymore.

"Maybe you just held on too tight, you keep torturing yourself, thinking he was coming back. I'm not saying he's never going to but the circumstances right now are different than before. I think you need to let go, for now. You're holding on to all these broken pieces when he's probably not. Let go of him. Becca, start over." She finishes and I look up at her.

"I said that to you," I choke up and she nods. "Yeah and when I let go I found myself back to Wesley again. There was nothing in the way and there shouldn't be anything- anyone- bringing you down."

I smile and take a breath, I guess it was time for me to move on, Shawn isn't mine anymore. And I know it's going to hurt for a little longer but it's not going to kill me. It'll make me stronger. "Thank you, Vic." I speak up and she smiles. "It's honestly crazy. The amount of drama we've been through because of Shawn freaking Mendes."

"Only if his fans knew..." I trail off, rolling my eyes.

-

-

Instagram:

rebeccaaa13: I don't need you anymore

rebeccaaa13: I don't need you anymore. Liked by: victoria43, shawnmendes and 7,564 others

view all 5,107 comments

victoria43 that's my best friendddd
shawnmendes lolz then neither do I.
sluttyshawnn GOALS
sluttyshawnn follow my IG for textposts!!

Shawn's POV

Brian: she got accepted into medical school

that's cool, how is she doing?

Brian: since when do you care

I was just wondering, Brian

Brian: she's having trouble hiding her pain now.

lmaoo you sure about that? her constant posting is making it pretty obvious...

Brian: maybe bc you're a dick and she has a thing with someone else...

she likes someone else?

Brian: not my place to talk

dude, she's your cousin and

Brain: and what? Shawn you left her.

I throw my phone on my bed and enter the bathroom. Splashing water on my face, I sigh and look into the mirror. Is this really who I am now?

Moments after I find myself storming out of my place and to the nearest restaurant. Am I really gonna eat away my feelings?

I'm driving down the highway, blasting music with the windows down, looking for the nearest food exit. In this unfamiliar state, with a fucked up state of mind.

There's something missing and as the sun is setting, I know I'm missing a piece of me. I walked into the place and straight to the empty bar. I looked to the right and saw a girl so I sat next to her.

"Dude, kinda eating alone for a reason." She nastily says taking a bite of her fries. "Yeah, you're eating alone. I didn't order yet." I raise an eyebrow and she rolls her eyes. "That was stupid," she says and I grin.

"You're that kid from Vine, right?" She asks looking up at me. She's a young girl, obviously close in age with me, biting on the straw of her Pepsi can. "Uh, yeah. Shawn Mendes, and you are?"

"Bree."

"Bree what?" I ask and she sighs, annoyed. "Don't worry about it," she clears up as the waiter comes by to us. "Anything to order?" She asks and I nod as she hands me the menu.

"Try that sandwich, it's fucking good." She points down on the menu and I look at her. "What? I work here." She says and I shoot her a confused look. "Not today, obviously." She says pointing down at her crop top and jeans.

I laugh and tell the waiter I'll be getting exactly what Bree suggested. "It's Breanna," she says looking down. "Don't ever call me that though, Breanna Foster."

"Okay," I smile and she breathes out. "You have a good voice and shit but you're not no Ed Sheeran,"

"Oh yeah, I know." I chuckle, she changed topics really fast. "So why are you here? What made you, Shawn Mendes-"

"Trying to start my new life." I look down and she giggles. "What?"

"Have you ever met Ed Sheeran?"

"Yeah."

"I'm picturing you going up to your idol all shaky meeting him."

"You're weird." I tell her as she quickly braids her brown hair to the side. "Why do I feel like you came here because you're upset the girl you want doesn't want you and you are gonna go home and write a song, telling yourself she's happier without you."

"Because that's exactly what I was going to do."

"No, we're gonna watch my Ed Sheeran concert videos and celebrate your 18th birthday."

"How'd you know it was my birthday?" I ask and she laughs looking at the waiter bring me my food.

SENIOR YEAR IS CRAZY