eleven

-
-
-

"Becca, darling, how have you've been?" My aunt sweetly says before embracing me into one her famous hugs. "I'm doing great, actually. How's everyone back at home?" I ask as we take a seat in the diner. I guess she's spent the day with Brian and Amara.

I'm glad to see her.

I was wondering if Shawn wanted anything to eat, I twirl my hair as I'm in a deep thought of what I should bring him back as I stare down the menu.

"Everyone's okay, they're really happy you and Shawn are together. We see all this news and are relieved. Even your mother, she says hello."

"I awfully miss her, I was just talking with her last night. You were just with Brian and Amara, right?" I look down on the menu, I think I'll have something not too filling.

"Yes- oh Amara is such a doll. I'm glad Brian is happy with her." She says and I smile at her, "I am too. He deserves it." I say and she nods. "I think I'm settling for the breakfast club sandwich," Aunt Maggie laughs and I look at her and smile. I missed home so much.

****

"Come here," Shawn sleepily says grinning. "You look so cute underneath these covers." I plop next to him in the bed and giggle resting my head on his chest. "You're so perfect." Shawn says out of nowhere. I laughed and blushed putting my ear to his heart and hear it beat. "Like I don't fucking understand it." He continues and I look up at him. His cheeks were red and his eyes had that sparkle in them. He's so cute.

"Becca, baby, for years and years I've admired you so much. From the way your hair curls up when it rains out, to that little freckle in your eye." He gushes and I'm an awe with words. "Those are weird flaws I have as a person, how are they cute?" I question his weird accusations, what's gotten into him tonight?

"You're flawless Becca. Everything about you- I simply fucking live for it. Oh and don't get me started on your body." He says, his eyes were focused looking into mine even when the tension between us was getting pretty heated.

"I thank god for you every single day. And I know before all of this I was a fucking douche. It was months and months ago but I blame myself for putting you into sadness. I thought you'd be happier. I was stupid- I should have loved you from the start. I was afraid and-"

"Shawn, enough. I'm here, I'm right here with you baby." I tell him closing my eyes and resting my head back on his chest. "Becca, you're so perfect. I love you." He says moments after lifting my chin up to face him. He softly plants a kiss on my lips and I smile. "You drive me crazy, Mendes." I giggle before getting under the covers with him. He wrapped me in his arms and we drifted off to a great sleep.

I'm happier here, with him.

*****

Shawn's POV

"Alright, thank you, goodnight!" I yell one last time before running off the stage. Preforming gives me such a thrill and I'm so thankful I get to do this as my job. "Nice job, Mendes," my tour manager complimented me and I shook his hand. "Shawn, you did great," another crew member says to me and I nod my head and thank him.

I'm so hyped right now, so high on this feeling. But when I walked out of the arena, I saw all the flashing lights and camera men which changed my entire mood completely.

I hate the media. The fucking tabloids and paparazzi. No one knows the real me. My fans have to suffer with their bullshit and I just want to scream to the world that this isn't me.

I know the internet is one of my main backbones, I wouldn't be where I am today without the world connecting over my passion.

"Shawn, you okay?" Becca says sitting down next to me on the couch. We were on the tour bus heading across Europe. I can't wait to take her to Paris. She always wanted to visit there.

"I don't know- it's just." I look up at her and she frowns. "What is it?" She leans towards me and I shrug. "Do you think I'm selfish?" I choke up and she furrows her eyebrows.

"God, what, Shawn?" She sighs and I move her closer to my lap. Bree walks in and chuckles, I guess she thinks I'm selfish. "Tell me Bree, am I selfish because Becca won't answer me." I scoff and she lets go of my hand and I just fall apart. "You used to be a dick but now you're alright cuz you have Becca," she shrugs pulling a hoodie over her head. "Yeah- thanks." I nod getting up, walking away.

I heard Becca take a breath, she always does that when she's worried.

"Shawn- wait- I don't know why you're thinking like this." Becca grabs my arm and pulls me to her. She hates when I overthink everything. "You're literally the sweetest guy ever. You love your fans and they know the real you. How great it that? The relationship you have with them is nothing like I've ever seen before." She finishes but I feel like she's lying. "Yeah, but I asked if you thought I was selfish," I sigh taking my arm back and walk over to the bathroom.

I look at myself in the mirror and sigh, splashing water on my face. Becca thinks I'm selfish. I am such an egotistical fuck. I don't mean to be like this and I hope she knows that.

I've loved and protected her for years and I do regret leaving like I did but I'm back for her now.

At least I think I am.

LOL ITS BEEN A WHILE IM SORRY LOLZ SCHOOL TAKES OVER MAN