15

Uri

"You haven't given me a chance to explain," mom said calmly to grandma.

"I've given you enough time," she bit back.

"Mom, can you put aside your differences for one day? She has helped us plenty before then, if you've forgotten," dad said.

I'm just sitting here making sure Nasima doesn't go too far and bouncing Vega and Kiran. Mom got up taking a call in the other room. I could hear Raelyn yelling on the other end.

"They what?! When was this?" Dad came over to see what the problem was. "Okay. Yeah we're leaving anyway." She looked up at dad with worry written all over her face. "We have to go like three minutes ago. Uri, can you help me put them in the car?"

I nodded taking them there while she took ahold of Nasima's hand. She put Kiran in while I worked on Vega. When she turned around Nasima was gone, but dad came walking with her to the car.

Mom and dad said something quietly and she drove back. Or better yet sped all the way back. I forget sometimes that when you think you're about to die in a car with her it never seems to be the case. She drives in the red some times like it's normal when it shouldn't be.

"Uri, I'm sorry to do this, but I need you to watch your brother and sisters for a little upstairs," mom told me as soon as we got back.

I did, heading up, but not before glancing at Makenna on the ground covered in blood. Noah was near her and he looked the same. I was about to ask, but mom snapped at me to go.

I went up and Chance and Charming were back sitting around in the room. They looked at me with the same look mom had.

"You saw them too?," Chance asked.

I nodded. "No one will  say what happened, they just keep saying wait," Charming said before I could ask.

It just seemed a little strange to have us up here when we could possibly help. And if she's hurt, why not just take her to the hospital?

"Where did you go," I asked them finally.

"Chance wanted to see his boyfriend play soccer."

Well that took me a little aback. "You have a boyfriend?"

He cut his eyes at me. "Yeah why?"

I shrugged. "Well because you kind of got knocked out because you touched Makenna and you talk about her a lot."

"It's called being bisexual. I would think you would understand."

What was that supposed to mean?

I like females not guys. I don't understand what he's trying to get at. I don't care that he has a boyfriend he just acts like he's not in any relationship. But I'll just leave it be.
------
It was around 6 when we were called down for dinner. Makenna was awake and looking well. Noah and her were clean, but he looked like he has seen some things today.

The dinner was awkward and that's coming from me. Everybody felt awkward, but I'm not sure why.

"So what happened earlier," Charming brought it up finally.

Noah looked like he was about to say, but Makenna slyly kicked him. I'm not sure if the twins noticed but I did. Noah shook his head staring back down at his food.

"What the hay bells?! Why can't we know," Chance blurted out.

"Chance," Hades snapped at him.

Chance took one look at his father and decided it was shut up time. Charming did too and I don't think now was my turn to test my parents.

"You'll know soon enough," mom said. "But let's get through dinner first."