Chapter 1: Trouble In Paradise

Welcome to Diamonds and Rubies!

This is a AU Drinny songfic with some Romione on the side. I featured Draco and Ginny's relationship in my first story and I grew to love it. I also have been reading a lot of Drinny stories and I love the dynamic between the two characters.

Draco Malfoy won't be a complete douche in this story. I really don't like how he's a prejudice prick in the series. He will still have his arrogance and will pick with Harry, Ron, and Hermione sometimes because that's just in his nature, but none of that Mudblood/ blood traitor ish. Too much like racism.

Ginny, Hermione, and Ron will pretty much be the same way they are in my other story.

For y'all Harry fans, this story isn't for you. Harry is a butt in this story.

I have made edits and added or taken a few things in or out, so if you read this on FFN and you see something different or missing on Wattpad, that's why. I assure you though that this is all mine. I'll crucio someone trying to take my baby (my works are my babies lol)!!

Anyways I hope you like it. As always read and review!

Disclaimer:  I do not own Harry Potter nor the wonderful world J.K. Rowling has created. I also do not own any of the songs that are used in this fic.

AUTHOR'S NOTE 2021: JUST SO YALL KNOW, ALL OF THE STORIES POSTED ON HERE WERE WRITTEN BEFORE SHE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED CAME OUT TO BE A TERF AND DISAPPOINTED US ALL, SO MY VIEWS AND STANNING OF HER HAS VERY MUCH CHANGED. PLEASE DISREGARD ALL PRAISES I GIVE HER IN MY INTROS. THANK YOU!!

I'm not loving you, the way I wanted to

What I had to do, had to run from you

I'm in love with you but the vibe is wrong

And that haunted me, all the way home

So you never know, never never know,

Never know enough, 'til it's over love

'Til we lose control, system overload

Screaming' "No! No! No! N-No!"

-Kanye West Love Lockdown

All she wanted to do was punch him in the face. Give him a busted lip to go along with that scar on his stupid forehead.

Once again Harry Potter had proven just how much of a prat he was. Not only receiving letters from other females at her own damn house, but actually replying to the slags.

Apparently Ginevra Weasley had no reason to be upset. "They were friends way before this Chosen One nonsense" said Harry Potter, when Ginny addressed him about getting letters from Susan Bones and Hannah Abbott.

"Bullshit! They know you have a girlfriend why would they even write you? That's totally disrespectful!" she yelled at Harry as he sat there and looked at her unfazed.

Harry shrugged. "I can't help that I have female friends, Gin. It's not that serious. You're acting like you're jealous or something."

"Oh shut up!" she said as she went upstairs to her brother Ron's room.

She didn't even knock as she opened the door to his room to find Hermione sitting at the edge of Ron's bed, reading a book, while Ron was resting his head on her lap.

"Hermione I-"

"Shhh...he's sleeping. Finally, after trying to nag me to stop reading" said Hermione with a giggle.

Ginny gave her a small smile and sat on the floor.

"Something bothering you? asked Hermione putting her book down on Ron's bed.